PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Water Level Controller Pump

martinmcnally
08-08-2009, 02:30 AM
I find that the pump that comes with the Tunze Water Level Controller is pretty useless and only lasts me about 4 months or so before needing replaced. Anyone know of a better pump that can be attached to that unit? I think it only takes 12 volts or something like that.

I was wondering about attaching a 12v relay switch to the controller and having that switch on any regular 120v pump.

I think the problem occurs if the bucket ever runs dry with the pump on, it doesn't have any built in auto shut off.

Myka
08-08-2009, 02:31 AM
I've seen people use MaxiJet 400s.

sharuq1
08-08-2009, 03:37 AM
That's weird. How long have you had it? I've had my oldest one for more than two years and never had to replace the pump and the person before me had it for two as well. When it runs dry it tries it a couple times and then the red light comes on and flashes which means the pump is no longer trying to pump anymore. (ie. auto shut off) Have you talked to Tunze? I hear their customer service is pretty good.

loveless
08-08-2009, 03:22 PM
Same here. Had my unit about a year and a half. No probs with the pump and believe me its been dry more than once.

banditpowdercoat
08-08-2009, 03:53 PM
ANY pump will burn out if you allow it to run dry. Thats a NONO.

whatcaneyedo
08-08-2009, 05:17 PM
Is this the first time you're replacing the pump or has it consistantly burnt out after 4 months more than once? I've replaced several products that have died after a very short time period and the replacements have lasted to this day.

fkshiu
08-08-2009, 07:09 PM
Mine lasted a few years before I had to replace it like others have said. I never let mine run dry.

RuGlu6
08-08-2009, 08:09 PM
ANY pump will burn out if you allow it to run dry. Thats a NONO.

may be you are dosing something with it?
Kalkwasser will kill it quickly