PDA

View Full Version : No more store bought water!!!!

Koresample
08-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Man am I ever happy, my new 4 stage RO/DI unit came in today and i have my first 5 gallon jug of water made from it, ready to top off my tank! Next week i can start to do some heavy water changes to help kill off my HA growth and get things back on track. No more lugging bottles again...ever! :lol:

intarsiabox
08-08-2009, 03:18 AM
A lot of RO/DI units suggest that you don't use the first few gallons of water produced but it should say in the manual. FYI:biggrin:

Navarchus
08-08-2009, 03:38 AM
A lot of RO/DI units suggest that you don't use the first few gallons of water produced but it should say in the manual. FYI:biggrin:
+1

Further more….it is highly recommended to run the first 3 stages for 30+ minutes before plugging it the membrane. The reason is to prevent all the dust and stuff to get to the membrane.
Afterwards you should let the water just to run for an hour or so, the reason is to let all the preservative lubricant stuff (in the membrane) washes out.

Koresample
08-08-2009, 11:52 PM
the directions iddnt mention running without the membrane in first, but i did run the unit for about an hour before filling up my top off water. It sure seems to waste a lot of water, i would have to say probably 4 gallons for every gallon output. I'll just have to use the waste water to water my plants :smile: