PDA

View Full Version : EuroReef Nano Skimmer

trilinearmipmap
08-07-2009, 04:53 AM
I received my new EuroReef nano-skimmer yesterday to replace the Tunze 9002 on my 30 gallon cube. When I have time I will post pics.

When it has broken in after a couple of weeks I will post a review regarding it's skimming power.

Initial impressions:

Excellent build quality, solid acrylic and solid mounting system. Simple to lift off collection cup.

Buying experience OK, bought it from here http://www.nanoreefsystems.com/
They custom adjusted the mount to fit my tank/rim dimensions. They were happy to ship by U.S. postal service to avoid brokerage fees. The skimmer was well packed and protected for shipping.

Massive amount of foam production. Running for 24 hours and producing skimmate already, too soon to assess the skimming ability though.

The pump is louder than I would like. Not very loud but not silent like a couple of reviews had stated. After running for 24 hours the noise is 1/2 as much as yesterday, once the pump has broken in I hope it will be quieter. I can hear a quiet hum 10 to 15 feet away, currently equally as loud as the fans on my light fixture.

I am hoping this skimmer works out well and I will update once I have had it running a bit longer.

mseepman
08-07-2009, 06:07 AM
I've been waiting to hear how these new skimmers work out. Keep us posted as I imagine there are a lot of nano's out here that are needing the right skimmer still.