PDA

View Full Version : monster on stand

Canadian Man
07-27-2003, 03:37 PM
Here is my first crack at linking to our new photo gallery. Here is a pic of the fellow's that helped me put this thing up onto it's home.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=14

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=13&password=&sort=1&size=medium&cat=508&page=

kari
07-27-2003, 03:53 PM
There's ghosts in your tank :crazyeye: . That happens sometimes.

I like the overflow you made.

StirCrazy
07-27-2003, 04:38 PM
ok so who are the people left to right :mrgreen: oh and what is on the tank side of your overflow?

Steve

Canadian Man
07-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Errie Picture :evil:

From left to right we got Alan (aj77), Kim (tau2301-4567898374....), and Tony (Delphinus). Oh and just looking at the pic with the people in it again you can see the reflection of my nephew (Tanner) in the left hand side of the tank :lol: He helped pull the 2x4's out from the tank when we lifted it up.

The guys are on the viewing pannel side and the picture was taken from the inside of the Tank Room. The overflow is on the back (when viewed from the front) . To cover the overflow I first made a model of the overflow out of plywood and 2x4's. then I made an agrocrete cover and once that was all cured and ready to go I put some foam under the oveflow cover and siliconed it to the overflow. So from the front side of the tank it looks like a rock wall and I also made a few ledges to attach some corals. Hopefully my monti caps will end up there.

The tank is actually full now with sand and saltwater. I just have to put the lino floor in, a door , finish the trim and get a sump. Then the big switch get's made.

cheers :biggrin:

spikehs
07-27-2003, 05:14 PM
looking good...when do you plan on moving everything over?

newgeek
07-27-2003, 06:54 PM
Very slick Jonathan!
Kelly

Canadian Man
07-27-2003, 11:39 PM
looking good...when do you plan on moving everything over?

Well I hope in the next couple of weeks. I have to work on the floor this week.
Hopefully :rolleyes:

Dorkel Marine 1
07-29-2003, 01:14 AM
Looking good. Keep us posted. One day I'll.......... oh well one day.

George

Seriak
07-29-2003, 01:44 PM
It looks amazing!!

Tau2301
07-31-2003, 03:30 AM

Who told you my last name?

Now I just have to see it with water in it - in person of course. :mrgreen:

Canadian Man
07-31-2003, 04:34 AM

Who told you my last name?

Now I just have to see it with water in it - in person of course. :mrgreen:

Well not only does it have water in it but it's all plumbed with sand and my diy rock (and water of course)which was in my 90g sump so it's full of life. The closed loop is going and I should be getting my "Stream's this week". the linoleum is being glued to the floor tommorow and I have all the supplies for my pulley system for my hood. :smile: Phew....that all sounds like so much work.

So I just have to get the electrical hooked up to the panel for the room and put in a door and some trim and I am all ready to get a sump and start the switch over. after the switch over I will worry about the sink and such.