PDA

View Full Version : Baby bangaii!!!

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
So this is the second time our bangaii have bred.
The first time the daddy only held the eggs for 15 days, I am thinking one of the chromis ate the the eggs because second time around the mommy was relentless on chasing one guy in particular. We had already had a tank cycling to start a seahorse tank, so we moved the bangaii into that tank before someone jumped.

well Mr. Bangaii has been holding for 31 days now. Last night before feeding we saw one little guy swimming around the tank, yet daddy is still holding, so maybe there is more.

Sorry for the crappy phone pic, but you can see how small he is swimming around the thermometer.

noirsphynx
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
That's adorable, congratulations. Do you have a long spine urchin or do you plan on making an imitation one for the babies?

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 06:08 PM
There is a long spine urchin (poop machine) in there but this little guy seems more interested in the thermometer. We have baby brine eggs incubating, they should be ready by dinner. I put a little coral frenzy in the tank last night (mommy loves it) hoping this little guy does not starve until the brine hatches.

Piscez
08-06-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey congrats that's very cool! Bet you didn't take that pic with the phone you dropped in the Saltwater bucket at Shane's place! LOL Fido again or??? :redface:

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Hey congrats that's very cool! Bet you didn't take that pic with the phone you dropped in the Saltwater bucket at Shane's place! LOL Fido again or??? :redface:

No that phone is toast:flame:, i found an old one of mine and I am still using that one (hence the crappy pic) yet to find a new one that I like that isn't $500. I have dropped two phones in water now, don't want to spend too much on a phone.

The baby is soo cute, amazing how they look just like the adults only 1/4" big.

no_bs
08-06-2009, 08:45 PM
Congrats on your babies, Sarah, maybe we will get a couple off of you!!!

Leah
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
So cute! makes I want one!!! or a pair even better, hehe!:mrgreen:

globaldesigns
08-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Congrats!!!

I to have a mated pair, and they have bred twice, however other fish always eat them.

I got lucky also, one made it into my overflows and is living and thriving in there. Once he is big enough I will fish him out and put him with the rest of the population.

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 10:32 PM
Congrats!!!

I to have a mated pair, and they have bred twice, however other fish always eat them.

That is why they are in their own tank now:biggrin:, the female got just plain vicious :vamp:towards the one chomis and would chase him for hours on end as soon as they had eggs again.

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
If they grow up they will definitely be up for grabs. Hopefully I will be a good fish nanny.

no_bs - I still have those yellow polyps for you, will have to head out there one day.:scatter:

i have crabs
08-06-2009, 11:24 PM
i found they would eat frozen baby brine from the start also,

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 11:46 PM
i found they would eat frozen baby brine from the start also,

That's great, I will have to try that as well, hatching eggs is kinda a pita.

i have crabs
08-07-2009, 01:00 AM
i would still hatch them its better, but some frozen mixed in or just when you need some food is good,i cant remember how long it took me to get them onto regular brine but it was a while,
mixing in some frozen will get them used to frozen food and make things easier later on. i think i used cyclopeeze also