PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone want to attempt a frag-a-lot order with me?

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 12:04 AM
There were a couple people maybe interested in doing a group order....we only need 25 frags for free shipping.

megs_clark
08-06-2009, 12:09 AM
Where abouts would the pick up be?

buddyreefer
08-06-2009, 12:20 AM
yah i could be down

bowkry
08-06-2009, 12:29 AM
I am not very happy with the last one but I am in again!

dreef
08-06-2009, 01:02 AM
You people will never learn...i gave up after the 3rd time

buddyreefer
08-06-2009, 01:10 AM
how are the lps frags from him? i know they are a little hardier then sps, i opted out last time cuz i heard some bad feedback, but i get so tempted by the pictures lol!!

findingnemo1
08-06-2009, 01:15 AM
how are the lps frags from him? i know they are a little hardier then sps, i opted out last time cuz i heard some bad feedback, but i get so tempted by the pictures lol!!

Not much better....the Duncan frag i got was a branch and no duncans....lol

bowkry
08-06-2009, 01:17 AM
my chalice was tiny but it already has just about doubled it size in a month. My sun coral was realy nice.2 of my sps died realy quickly

imisky
08-06-2009, 04:31 AM
im willing to join to get my replacement frag if Henry (icecool) from the last GB cant get a reply from Burc

365seasons
08-06-2009, 04:42 AM

http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=54437

just throwin this out there....you know just setting this here... but yeah.. you get the idea:question:

chujai
08-06-2009, 05:20 AM
thats a shame that his orders has not been going very well out here on the west coast. i ordered from him a few times in ottawa, a lot closer to him with great success... replacement orders on DOA were respected when i told him about it.

but yeah. great experiences from him before...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-06-2009, 07:36 AM
So.....

if the replacement order for the last West Coast group buy has taken a couple of months with little or no communications from Burc, what makes you think things will be different now?

Sorry, but having helped out with the last two group buys, the lack of communications is a real PITA to deal with. I like to give people who are trying to do things better a break but until the replacements come in from the last GB, do you all really think sending more money & orders in is a really wise thing to do? I think its time for Burc to step up to the plate & prove that he's serious about staying in business & keeping his paying customers happy. Doing more group buys while the last one is still incomplete just doesn't sound like a good course of action.

I am really tempted by some of the pics on his site, but he has yet to prove that he can deliver what he promises. Sorry Burc but I know what a headache the last guy has been going through trying to get any replies or kept promises so I have to put this out there.

Step up to the plate or this type of warning post will become all too common. Henry has been far more patient & accommodating than you have any right to expect. Empty promises & broken promises are terrible foundations for a company that expects us to send money and buy stuff sight-unseen on the internet. Mistakes happen. Now its time to get your act together.

I know from reading other threads about other frag purchases that ours is NOT an isolated incident. If I have a good transaction with someone, I will let people know. The opposite is true & this long wait with no word & no hope for a quick, easy resolution has to be also communicated to others.

Just my $.02.

Anthony

Ephraim
08-06-2009, 01:02 PM
^ +1

I don't know why people insist supporting this retailer?

fkshiu
08-06-2009, 03:12 PM
Pssst . . .

You guys want some real nice frags and real good prices, but want them actually in your hands when you fork over the cash?

Check out my sig . . . :D

kien
08-06-2009, 03:25 PM

+100 !!

it is easy to get lured in by the $10 frags... No big deal right? if one or two don't make it, that's $10 or $20 bucks, no big deal.. Or, I'll just get him to replace them with the next order, no big deal.. well, after 3 orders with him and trying to recover my dead frags I am now $50 in the hole and have given up trying to recover them. Each time I order it gets worse and worse :( The last time I received an order the FedEx guy commented on how his truck stank and was wondering why my box was soaking wet and leaking everywhere.. Sorry for the hijack, but there is a very good reason why a lot of people are disgruntled and complaining.

Coincidentally
08-06-2009, 04:09 PM
The last order I go tfrom burc was fine, mind you i did not order any sps. I did get good sized corals, one was freshly cut, but it is doing great. I have emailed him asking if we can get prompt shipping and if the frags are still available, lets see how long a response takes and we can go from there. I would love to load some pics but I still have not figured out how to post them...:redface:

dreef
08-06-2009, 05:17 PM
There no reason that the coolers should be leaking.I gladly pay for a REAL cooler that others use for shipping.Not a cardboard box lined with styro,just not the same,doesn't seal properly.And the your order is shipping..... nothing... no response is sickning.It gets tiring waiting.......and waiting to recieve some of what you ordered (maybe) and the rest is dead.I'm older and a bit wiser,i just buy elsewhere,so what if it costs 30 for a frag,i get what i payed for.

danny zubot
11-18-2009, 02:31 AM
I wish I would have known about this BS prior to going in on a group order in my area. I would have gone with another vendor instead. Currently we're in the process of trying to get our replacement shipment. The first one arrived DOA because it sat in Vancouver over a weekend. People, and not just vendors need to understand that when shipping to small towns outside of major urban centers, they can't ship things on a Friday morning and expect them to get there the same day. Berc is probably fighting with his carrier to re-imburse him for the losses in our case, but communication has stopped between us. Which is very frustrating indeed.

globaldesigns
11-18-2009, 04:03 AM
There are many good vendors on this Forum. Personally, I would recommend Coral Master. Snappy's (Greg) pricing can be a little high at times, but I find his quality outstanding, and he does stand by his product. I would recommend him anytime, otherwise I also buy from local reefers from here also.

Knowing the type of vendor Burc is, why do you all still want to take a chance, forget him and move on to others that actually value you as a customer.

Just my .02 cents

Leah
11-18-2009, 11:01 AM
You guy's and Gal's are crazy, unless you really enjoy the gamble cause that is what it is.

shrimpchips
11-18-2009, 12:47 PM
You guys have so many good vendors in the West - why order from Frag-a-lot?

kien
11-18-2009, 02:27 PM
You guys have so many good vendors in the West - why order from Frag-a-lot?

People are suckered in by his $10 frags :-)

hillbillyreefer
11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Don`t do it. It isn`t worth the trouble. There is a reason he isn`t a sponsor on the board anymore.

chris121277
11-18-2009, 03:27 PM
+1.......don't do it, it's not worth trying to chase him down. As soon as he has your money you will no longer hear from him.
I'm going threw this right now

Don`t do it. It isn`t worth the trouble. There is a reason he isn`t a sponsor on the board anymore.

lastlight
11-18-2009, 03:40 PM
The thread's from August folks. I don't think anyone is planning another buy =)