PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Watchman Goby just died

Koresample
08-04-2009, 07:51 PM
:sad:

I got him about 2 weeks ago from J&L. He acclimated fine and i never saw anything pester him. When i fed the tank, he was always there gobbling up mysis. Same thing this morning, then at lunch i went to look at the tank and saw him upside down on the bottom and he would literally convulse every 20 seconds or so and his mouth was wide open. I don't have a QT so i just had to remove him....anyone have any ideas as to why this could be? I have two false perculas and a mandarin, plus a coral banded shrimp and clean-up crew, they all look fine. I just tested my water last night, An, No2, NO3 all zero, ph 7.8, sg 1025.

parkinsn
08-04-2009, 10:56 PM
What is your KH at? Your Ph is a little low you want to be closer to 8.3....

Koresample
08-04-2009, 11:03 PM
I will test that tonight and see. I generally had it at around 11, but its been a while since i tested it. I am thinking my Ca, Mg are also probably a bit out since i moved the tank (2 weeks before i got the watchman) and have only done 1 water change since. His eyes were also completely black which was eerie!

gothicbunny
08-05-2009, 02:26 AM
What kind of substrate do you have? Is it possible he swallowed a piece and was choking on it? I've seen my YWG pick at the sand on occasion and I'm sure it has ingested a piece or two by now.

Koresample
08-05-2009, 05:40 AM
live sand for substrate, pretty fine stuff. His eyes were completely black as well when i finally scooped him out. I finished my test tonight and my dKh is 7, calcium is 400 and Mg is 1200.