PDA

View Full Version : Waterslides near Vancouver

trilinearmipmap
08-03-2009, 04:22 PM
We are visiting Vancouver in a few weeks with small kids aged 3 to 10 and want to hit a waterslide. We were thinking of Cultus Lake Waterpark as the web reviews for the waterpark in Tsawwassen were pretty negative, however I can't find any reviews of the Cultus Lake Waterpark. Can anyone recommend for or against it?

fdiddy
08-03-2009, 06:00 PM
I have cousins that live very close to Cultus Lake and every time we visit them we end up at the water park. It's a blast!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Haven't been in years, but we had a great time there.

Pnutjr
08-04-2009, 01:56 AM
Hey,
I live in Chilliwack just a few minutes from there.
My 14 yr old daughter has a blast there. They just added a couple of new slides plus a new kids area, pirate themed. See the prices here: http://www.cultus.com/rates.asp Definately worth it but watch out. The concessions prices are expensive. BUT they encourage and you are welcome to bring your own picnic basket with food, drinks etc!. There are picnic tables (if you get there early enough) you can use, some with covered awnings, some without. Or if you prefer a beach blanket there is lots of grass space! We drop the kids off there with a cooler of food/drinks no problem! Then go golfing across the street. Heh. Full sized golf course. If full sizr=e isn't your bag about 10 minutes away there's Aquadel Golf, a par 3. There's lots to do up there. Once you get tired of the park, go to the beach. Although crowded most days, it's OK. Or go mini golfing at the golf course. It's a hard putting course.
Anyway, It's a nice day to spend there at the Waterpark itself.
From Vancouver its about 1.5 hours with no traffic. Twassen is much closer but as you said, not that great me thinks. I haven't heard much about it which tells you something. But it's nice out here and a great way to spend a day. Like I said if you and the wife don't want to spend the day in the park, leave the kids (teenagers, not little ones) and go golfing, mini golfing or ???? :)
Have Fun !!!!

cprowler
08-04-2009, 02:09 AM
+1 for Cultus Lake WaterPark!

I was at the fireworks this past weekend with my sister in law and she went on and on about how much fun it was and all the upgrades, my 13 yr old nephew was playing it cool tho. :cool:

trilinearmipmap
08-16-2009, 01:51 AM
OK thanks for the replies it looks like weather permitting we will try to hit the waterpark next Monday as I imagine Sunday will be a zoo.