PDA

View Full Version : LF Flame Angel Calgary

Carmen
08-02-2009, 02:49 AM
Anyone looking to sell a Flame Angel in Calgary perhaps a tank teardown? ( My favorite fish!)Thought I'd ask since there seem to be alot of tank tear downs this summer.

fishytime
08-02-2009, 04:16 AM
:p:lol:

Carmen
08-02-2009, 04:20 AM

You think that's funny do you?! Pretty sure YOUR Flame will start eating all your acans any day now...... just for laughin!:razz:

MikeP
08-02-2009, 06:58 AM

I have to agree with Doug ha ha :)

Although I think I'm going to try one in my tank pretty soon. Hope you find one, they're a very nice little fishy.

Carmen
08-02-2009, 02:14 PM
I have to agree with Doug ha ha :)

Although I think I'm going to try one in my tank pretty soon. Hope you find one, they're a very nice little fishy.

Well, you guys just aren't being nice laughin at me! I suppose the chances are slim that someone would be selling one but worth a try isn't it:mrgreen:!

i have crabs
08-02-2009, 04:01 PM
i gave up after i had 2 die after buying, i went with a coral beauty instead, half the price i didnt die,

i had a flame angle almost destroy a 60g softy/leather tank about 4-5 years ago, the entire tank had to be riped apart to catch him and after that i dont trust them with any softies that i dont want eaten,so beware, i think some just behave untill you buy enough stuff they want to eat then make there move.

Carmen
08-02-2009, 06:03 PM
i gave up after i had 2 die after buying, i went with a coral beauty instead, half the price i didnt die,

i had a flame angle almost destroy a 60g softy/leather tank about 4-5 years ago, the entire tank had to be riped apart to catch him and after that i dont trust them with any softies that i dont want eaten,so beware, i think some just behave untill you buy enough stuff they want to eat then make there move.

Holy #%#@ You have me thinkin twice? Are you serious?! I knew there was a risk but I honestly have never heard such horrible experience with a Flame. Worth the risk? Hmm..... well I am hoping to eventually find one from an established tank with hopes that knowing it's history would lower the risk. I know I may be waiting for awhile but some day I will find the right flame that I take a chance on.

I am not as fond of the coral beauty or other pygmy angels so I will hold out for the right one.

Coleus
08-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I had a Flame, and he never bother any of my softies. But too bad, he seemed fine on one day and disappear forever on the next day. I got to say he was a very cool fish.
________
Crete cooking (http://www.cooking-chef.com/crete/)

kien
08-04-2009, 06:26 PM
It is completely hit and miss with Flames. Even if a flame has a history of not eating corals, they can one day, out of the blue decide that corals and clams are now a great food source. Or, you can get one that once ate corals but has now decide it would much rather eat flakes??? My Flame eats flakes, pellets, flatforms, nudibranches and fish mush (homemade fish food). He likes to tease my SPS corals but has not actually eaten any (yet). I never see him near my softies or clams. It all depends on their environment I think, that is, amount and types of food sources that you provide, other inhabitants; who else they are competing for food with, etc.. All of which changes from the ocean to your tank to someone else's tank.

Carmen
08-04-2009, 06:30 PM
You're right, you never really know and I know I am taking a chance no matter what. I guess we just make a decision if the fish is worth the risk right?!
I do tend to"feed generously" so I would hope that it would be happy with waiting for mysis, flake, pellet or whatever makes it happiest (Other than my corals!):wink:.

Trigger Man
08-04-2009, 06:36 PM
I have always liked the look of flame angels, and it was one of the reasons why I got a sw tank. I have had no problems with mine and a few of my friends that have had them have had no probs either. Also depending on the size of your tank even if it does nip here and there there should not be to much damage (unless it finds only one coral to pick on). I have a scribble angel and when it does not eat enough it picks on my sps and xenias, but it does not cause a bunch of damage. I'm pretty sure Marie has the same issue with one of her fish and her tank still looks great (sorry if I mentioned the wrong name, it's been a bit since I had a chance to get on here).

kien
08-04-2009, 06:39 PM
I guess we just make a decision if the fish is worth the risk right?!

That's right! Even knowing what I know about Flames, I still took a gamble because I too love flames :-) The flash of red swimming around the tank is totally worth seeing him annoy my corals.. hehe. When company is over the first thing they notice is Scarlet (the Flame). I suppose it would be a different story if she was actually eating my corals...

K.

Coleus
08-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Going to steal your Scarlet when i pick up your old tank so watch out....

That's right! Even knowing what I know about Flames, I still took a gamble because I too love flames :-) The flash of red swimming around the tank is totally worth seeing him annoy my corals.. hehe. When company is over the first thing they notice is Scarlet (the Flame). I suppose it would be a different story if she was actually eating my corals...

K.
________
Marijuana (http://marijuanahemp.com)

kien
08-04-2009, 08:20 PM
Going to steal your Scarlet when i pick up your old tank so watch out....

haha, have fun catching her in the new 150!! hehe. Actually, there are a lot fewer nooks and crannies so it might actually be easier.. but still a lot of swimming room for her to get away.

Treebeard
08-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Still looking Carmen? According to their web page, the guys on 16th Ave. west have some.

Carmen
08-07-2009, 10:37 PM
Thanks Reid, kinda wanting to find one from an established set-up - I know not likely gonna happen but it was worth a try!

Coleus
08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Be patience Carmen, I found mine on Calgary kijiji for 25 dollars
________
THE APPRENTICE DICUSSION (http://www.tv-gossip.com/apprentice/)

ALBERTA REEF
08-08-2009, 04:58 AM
Too bad you don't live in Surrey BC or planning a trip. arnald has one for $30. :razz:

karazy
08-08-2009, 05:09 AM
carmen, if you dont find one on the boards, we just got about 6 or 7 of them at elite

Carmen
08-08-2009, 02:13 PM
Too bad you don't live in Surrey BC or planning a trip. arnald has one for $30. :razz:

I saw that - ofcourse in BC!

ALBERTA REEF
08-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Seems like all the good deals are in BC. Well the stuff I am looking for. :smile:

Carmen
08-10-2009, 02:18 AM
Seems like all the good deals are in BC. Well the stuff I am looking for. :smile:

You said it!

ALBERTA REEF
08-10-2009, 02:34 AM
Next time I see something good, I am thinking road trip! :biggrin:

ElGuappo
08-10-2009, 04:43 AM
This is always the case. but if you have paid attention to past threads they say the same thing about us.

Leah
08-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Exactly what I was thinking ^^^ hehe!