PDA

View Full Version : Flatworm eating fish

oilfieldsafety
07-31-2009, 04:12 PM
I have a 90 gallon set up with a 29 gallon sump and have been battling with flat worms for about 2 months now. I added a Flame Angel to the set up 2 weeks ago and noticed lastnight that my flatworm population has reduced significantly. I spent about an hour quietly watching the tank and noticed the Flame Angel eating every flatworm in sight :biggrin:. I am quite happy about this but a little surprised as I had not heard or read anything about Flame Angels eating these so I was curious if anyone else has seen or heard of this before.

Thanks
Shane

ElGuappo
07-31-2009, 06:45 PM
sixlines are supposed to eat them.

kien
08-01-2009, 05:52 AM
A few months ago I spotted a few flatworms and freaked out. I was also battling zoo eating nudibranches a the time :( Anyway, I have not seen any flatworms or nudis since I got a flame angel a couple of months ago! I almost returned him because he was picking at all my corals! I later discovered that he actually wasn't bothering any of the corals, he was just hunting for food and was eating something else. He still pecks at them but I have not seen any damage to any of my colonies or frags.

Skimmerking
08-01-2009, 01:32 PM
6 lines
yellow coris wrasses
leopards
and now FLames that is so cool

patpare
08-01-2009, 02:08 PM
What about bleenie scooters?do they eat flat worm?

ILIKECOUGARS
08-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I also heard from a lfs that a Spotted Mandarin will eat flatworms. I don't know if this is true or not. Maybe someone else can comment on this.

chandigz
08-02-2009, 01:14 AM
Scooters and both types of mandarin love flatworms.

kien
08-02-2009, 06:17 AM
no wonder I have no flatworms... I have a sixline, mandarin and a flame.. those flatworms never had a chance in hell :lol: