PDA

View Full Version : Attn Zeo Users

fencer
07-30-2009, 02:28 PM
I know that some people on this board are using Zeo full time and others parttime. Which of the zeo products have you found useful in maintaining your tank for sps etc
TIA

Madreefer
07-30-2009, 04:42 PM
Pohl's Xtra
Coral Snow
Pohl's Coral Vitalizer
Sponge Power
Every second day.
This is giving my tank good results, I can't use the reactor as I run a refugium.

xtreme
07-30-2009, 04:48 PM
Coral Snow, Vitalizer and Sponge power are all great to use if not running full Zeo. I also use amino acid on occasion.

lobsterboy
07-30-2009, 05:00 PM
If I had to choose two, Coral Vitalizer and Amino Acid Concerate SPS

parkinsn
07-30-2009, 05:03 PM
PX 3ml every 2 days
CS 4ml daily
SP 3 drops daily
Stylo 3 drop every 2 days
Bak 5 drops every 2 days
Zym 1 tsp 2 times/week mixed with snow and bak for 8 hours, skimmer off for 2-3 hours
CV 5 drops 1/week
BB 3ml every 2 days
Food 5 drops 2 times/week
1.5L lites every 6 weeks
Start 1ml daily
I think thats all :lol:

Running full system, SPS dominated with good results.

If your not running the full system I would say sponge power, snow, vitalizer, and maybe xtra for growth. Bak and zym if you have a cyano problem or brown substrate.

Myka
07-31-2009, 12:31 AM
I noticed a huge difference in color in my LPS when I started Pohl's Coral Vitalizer and Sponge Power. I was skeptical, but J&L had a bunch of ZEO additives on sale in January or something like that so I figured what the heck I'll try it out. I'm a believer. :)

Millepora_Maniac
07-31-2009, 01:24 AM
HI Man, these chemicals are pretty crazy if you use the full system. I would only recommend you use the addidtives that don't require the reactor. My friend and I almost nuked our tanks with these things! You have to be careful when using the full system that you don't rip too many nutrients from the water too fast. If you do then you'll end up with bleaching and even STN or even worse RTN (overdose). I have tried it and seen it do all different things for different people, coloring up then bleaching, then coloring up again. Weird.

In short, I don't trust in it. But I do trust in water changes! It gives me more color than Zeo ever could!

Joe Reefer
07-31-2009, 01:58 AM
HI Man, these chemicals are pretty crazy if you use the full system. I would only recommend you use the addidtives that don't require the reactor. My friend and I almost nuked our tanks with these things! You have to be careful when using the full system that you don't rip too many nutrients from the water too fast. If you do then you'll end up with bleaching and even STN or even worse RTN (overdose). I have tried it and seen it do all different things for different people, coloring up then bleaching, then coloring up again. Weird.

In short, I don't trust in it. But I do trust in water changes! It gives me more color than Zeo ever could!

I disagree, there is a level of commitment needed to run the zeovit system. If you are starting it on a existing system you need to go very slowly at the beginning, because it does remove all NO3 and PO4. This is all stated very clearly in the zeo guide.

That said coral vitalizer, sponge power, coral snow, pohls xtra, amino acids, seawater complex are all great products to use on any system.

fkshiu
08-16-2009, 06:47 AM
So which zeo products did you try out fencer and what effect did they have?

fencer
08-16-2009, 08:42 AM
Haven't tried any out. Just curious to see if some zeo stuff can be used without buying to whole show. But hat I have read most use Coral snow, Coral vitalizer, Amino Acids and Pohl's Extra

naesco
08-16-2009, 04:03 PM
hi man, these chemicals are pretty crazy if you use the full system. I would only recommend you use the addidtives that don't require the reactor. My friend and i almost nuked our tanks with these things! You have to be careful when using the full system that you don't rip too many nutrients from the water too fast. If you do then you'll end up with bleaching and even stn or even worse rtn (overdose). I have tried it and seen it do all different things for different people, coloring up then bleaching, then coloring up again. Weird.

In short, i don't trust in it. But i do trust in water changes! It gives me more color than zeo ever could!

+1

fkshiu
08-16-2009, 04:27 PM

Oh yes, absolutely. Which is why I'm proceeding very cautiously.

albert_dao
08-16-2009, 08:14 PM
Oh yes, absolutely. Which is why I'm proceeding very cautiously.

Things like Amino Acids, Coral Snow and Coral Vitalizer have absolutely no impact other than wasting your money if you overdose. Regardless, with any of these products, the listed price on the bottle is the MAXIMUM recommended dose. You should start with half dose then work your way up until you achieve the results you're looking for.

mandarin man
08-17-2009, 03:39 AM
I am just wondering if coral vitalizer is just for SPS, not LPS? And AA LPS is truly for LPS (food)?