PDA

View Full Version : Triggers and SPS

Marlin65
07-29-2009, 04:19 PM
I am thinking I want to put a trigger (Picasso or Clown) in my new mainly SPS tank. Has anyone done that. Do they only eat inverts or will it eat my SPS?
I know clams are out but what about zoo's and LPS?
I know others triggers are more reef save but would really like it to be one of these two.

kien
07-29-2009, 04:24 PM
I am thinking I want to put a trigger (Picasso or Clown) in my new mainly SPS tank. Has anyone done that. Do they only eat inverts or will it eat my SPS?
I know clams are out but what about zoo's and LPS?
I know others triggers are more reef save but would really like it to be one of these two.

If you want to keep SPS and like to have those little acro crabs that you sometimes get with the colonies, my guess would be that the trigger will find the crab rather tasty. :lol:

parkinsn
07-29-2009, 04:39 PM
Clam's, snail's, hermits, and shrimp are out of the question.

I have a Pink tail trigger in with all of the above as well as SPS, LPS, zoa's with no issues so far. Although I keep him well fed (he eats krill like they are 1mm pellets) Not sure about the clown or picasso, but they are not classified as "reef safe".

md14
07-29-2009, 05:45 PM
I've had a picasso in with SPS, LPS, and Zoa's with no problems he would attack the odd snail but overall he was pretty good