PDA

View Full Version : Large white spots

martinmcnally
07-28-2009, 08:18 PM
My Regal Tang has developed 4 large white spots today. I've seen one with a bad case of Ich before so I don't think it's that. Each spot is about 5mm in diameter and it almost looks like a fungus or something growing or an injury. Three spots in a group on one side of the fish and one on the other.

Anyone know what that could be? Trying to get some pictures but he moves pretty fast. He is still eating well which is good I hope.

Any help much appreciated.
Martin

Navarchus
07-29-2009, 01:41 AM
Lymphocyte! Do some regular water changes and try to improve your water quality.

Millepora_Maniac
07-29-2009, 01:45 AM
No doubt, more water changes are almost always better!! Great advise, no matter how annoying doing a water change can be, it's the most important.:mrgreen:

Myka
07-29-2009, 02:50 AM
Do a Google search on Lymphocystis. You will find lots of info on it. :) It's not treatable, and not a big deal.

martinmcnally
07-31-2009, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the advice guys, been doing water changes for the last few days and another one tomorrow. I think the spots are clearing up but now I see some small white ones *sigh*.

Navarchus
07-31-2009, 07:20 AM
What percentage of water do you change?
Do you equalize the water parameters before you adding it to main system?
I suggest you equalize temp, salinity and ph and then add the new water via the sump.