PDA

View Full Version : Salifert Flatworm Exit...

hk030405
07-28-2009, 07:08 AM
Hi all

Does anybody know any LFS that still carry this??
just found out there are a couple flatworms in my tank :(
Checked J&L website and OA as well.. dont see them there..

Chin_Lee
07-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Check out this thread on RC for Levamisole:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=1379099

Check out this thread on Canreef on the same topic:
http://canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=49062

I'm into month four and I'm still flatworm free.

I've got some levamisole leftover if you want to try it. PM me if your are interested.

Chin

Myka
07-28-2009, 01:26 PM
Last time I checked with Wendell a couple months ago at OA they had it. Try PMing him instead.

fkshiu
07-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I saw a really dusty box of FWE sitting in the clearance bin at BA in Richmond last week.

But I'd give the levamisole a go first especially if Chin still has some around.

TRS
07-28-2009, 03:44 PM
Hi all

Does anybody know any LFS that still carry this??
just found out there are a couple flatworms in my tank :(
Checked J&L website and OA as well.. dont see them there..

THE REEF SHOPPE has SALIFERT Flatworm Exit in stock. Check it out here:

http://www.thereefshoppe.ca/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_114&products_id=428

whatcaneyedo
07-28-2009, 08:44 PM
Ocean Aquatics had a few boxes of Flatworm Exit in there last weekend even though they're not listed on their website.

Tom R
07-28-2009, 09:29 PM
I have an unused box I will sell to you.

Tom R

hk030405
07-29-2009, 08:16 AM
Thanks guys for all the information,
I went down to Richmond today to check out Big Als there
They do have that box of flatworm exit! however, it is expired.. :(
and the bottle looked like the chemical or whatevers inside, has stained the bottle like rust lol
I couldn't risk my whole tank for just that so I decided to consider Chin_Lee's advice.

Again, greatly appreciate all the information given,
I will have to do a little bit of research on levamisole and make up my mind to which way i wanna go.

BTW, how about the velvet nudi?? J&L's site mentioned them known to clean flat worms though im not sure if it'll survive in my tank before it cleans out all flatworms hehe

Marlin65
07-29-2009, 03:31 PM
I got one of those to take care of my flat worms. Did a great job, but they are only good to eradicate most not all flatworms when you have thousands.
I still have a few left and my Headshield is long gone, but my Coris wrasse is finishing off what is left.
If you don't have too many just get a Wrasse to take care of them.
I read that usually they stay in populations of only a few, but can multiply to problem prepositions if conditions are right for them.
So having some is not really a problem as long as they are the none acro eating type.
I try to stay away from any chemicals as I believe that it is not as selective as just killing off what is says on the box.

whatcaneyedo
07-29-2009, 06:22 PM
I got one of those to take care of my flat worms. Did a great job, but they are only good to eradicate most not all flatworms when you have thousands.
I still have a few left and my Headshield is long gone, but my Coris wrasse is finishing off what is left.
If you don't have too many just get a Wrasse to take care of them.
I read that usually they stay in populations of only a few, but can multiply to problem prepositions if conditions are right for them.
So having some is not really a problem as long as they are the none acro eating type.
I try to stay away from any chemicals as I believe that it is not as selective as just killing off what is says on the box.

+1 The same thing I was about to say. The nudibranch requires A LOT of flatworms and will quickly eat 95% of them and then starve if its not moved to another flatworm infested system. Try a yellow Coris wrasse if you only have a few, one worked very well for me in my 50gal.