PDA

View Full Version : Majanos!!

Millepora_Maniac
07-26-2009, 01:37 AM
Hi everyone, just wondering who knows the best way to kill of the majano mushrooms FOR GOOD:twised:I tried "Joes Juice", It didn't work it only spread them worse:sad:. I battled with aiptasia anemones when I first started the hobby, the Joes juice worked great! Not this time!....Any ideas:question: lots of my SPS is getting burned. thanks for the help!

simplycoral
07-26-2009, 03:07 AM
Hi everyone, just wondering who knows the best way to kill of the majano mushrooms FOR GOOD:twised:I tried "Joes Juice", It didn't work it only spread them worse:sad:. I battled with aiptasia anemones when I first started the hobby, the Joes juice worked great! Not this time!....Any ideas:question: lots of my SPS is getting burned. thanks for the help!

Hi,

It depends on how many you have.... You could try placing a small glass over it and then wait until it moves onto the side of the glass. You then lift out the glass and remove the majano! Worked for me.. :biggrin:

Regards, Simon

michika
07-26-2009, 01:47 PM
I usually inject mine with something like lemon juice or a kalk solution. I did recently try injecting them with air, but I am not quite sure of the outcome yet. You have to get them right in the foot.

Millepora_Maniac
07-28-2009, 12:15 AM
I don't know about putting lemon juice in my water, but I guess I could try air. The biggest problem here is that, since I've started to use coral food, these guys are spreading all over the place! I tried the heavy calcium dose injection as well, with minimal success. The needle was even hot from the chemical reaction!. I really don't want these things to spread any more :sad:

aquatic_rice
07-28-2009, 02:32 PM
you can try superglue. I had one hiding in a hole and i just covered his face and his hole. he was only about a 1/4" though.

fragNplug
07-28-2009, 03:01 PM
You can try peppermint shrimps.
Or a file fish, redcoral has a few of these aptaisa eating file fish.
There is also a type of nudibranch that gets rid of them.(Berghia)
http://www.berghia.net/marketprice.html

BlueWorldAquatic
07-28-2009, 03:37 PM
Best stuff to ue is the Aptasia/Majano killer by Tailored Aquatics, we use it all the time and it kills both quite quickly.

Berghia Nudibranch will eat aptasia,not majanos, but good luck finding them, I've been looking for them for the store (to sell) and from what I see no one has it but one supplier in Texas.

Pepermint shrimp, will kill aptasia (small ones), they won't touch large aptasia or majanos.

Copperband, aptasia only.

Just from my experiences in the store.

Ken - BWA

fragNplug
07-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Berghia Nudibranch
$39.95
Berghia Verrucicornis
Great for aiptasia control, only a half dozen of these tiny guys in stock. Approx. 0.25"

http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/noteworthy.php

BlueWorldAquatic
07-28-2009, 03:51 PM
Berghia Nudibranch
$39.95
Berghia Verrucicornis
Great for aiptasia control, only a half dozen of these tiny guys in stock. Approx. 0.25"

Try to buy one though. Not even in THEIR system.

Ken - BWA

fragNplug
07-28-2009, 03:54 PM
that is as with all inverts with them you must call to order.

xtreme
07-28-2009, 03:59 PM
I thought the Berghia's diet was strictly aptasia?

golf nut
07-28-2009, 10:06 PM
Lower a glass jar below the water surface, put a small light bulb in it and turn off ALL the lights, the majano will migrate to the light given enough time, simply scrape them off.

Navarchus
07-29-2009, 01:30 AM
Berghia Nudibranch
$39.95
Berghia Verrucicornis

In my experience they do not do well in shipments so be prepared to try several times.
If they make it alive at your system, they are the best solution, how ever if you have any wrasses in your tank they will eat them.

Did you try Aiptasia x by redsea? As far as I know the will kill majano as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo3DZYdAD2Y

Millepora_Maniac
07-29-2009, 01:36 AM
HI guys, please try to keep in mind that I have Majanos, not aptaisia anemones. Joes juice worked on the aptaisia.
I've tried a few of those methods before, I know that the super glue works; however,it would look kidof out of place and My tank has grown in quite tight -getting in there with it would be rough. Not to mention that some of them are about an inch across!
Is the tailored aquatics stuff sold around Vancouver?
What about the nudibranch? is that available through J&L or Oceans out here in B.C., and if so, will it eat any other kinds of things like zoo's or mushrooms, sps, lps?:neutral:

BlueWorldAquatic
07-29-2009, 02:06 AM
contact Brad from Taiored Aquatics, he's a sponsering vendor here. Think he's based in the west coast.

Ken - BWA

Millepora_Maniac
07-29-2009, 02:27 AM
I'll give J&L a call tomorrow. Maybe they have it.

Navarchus
07-29-2009, 03:03 AM
HI guys, please try to keep in mind that I have Majanos, not aptaisia anemones

It works on both

parkinsn
07-29-2009, 04:35 AM
It works on both

It sure does. I have used the TA on both mojanos and aptasia and it works.

Millepora_Maniac
07-31-2009, 01:11 AM
How big were the majanos you killed with these things? Mine are an inch across!:question:

Navarchus
07-31-2009, 05:22 AM
Just tell it bon appetit!