PDA

View Full Version : LF Glass Drill Bits

plutoniumJoe
07-26-2009, 12:52 AM
Hi Folks,

I am looking to rent or borrow glass hole saws for 1", 1.5" and 2" bulk heads. If you can help out it would be appreciated.

Thanks Joe.

Myka
07-26-2009, 01:13 AM
www.bulkreefsupply.com (http://www.bulkreefsupply.com) carries a few different sizes. They are cheap, and work very well provided you only need to drill a few holes with each one. They are "disposable quality". :)

scherzo
07-26-2009, 01:47 AM
I've heard that summit tools has some really cheap ones.

http://summittools.mgtrainging.com/

Not too far for you to drive down and check them out.. then I can borrow them from you when you're done ;) (just kidding.. maybe..)

fkshiu
07-26-2009, 04:15 AM
Both Summit and Lee Valley carry them.

I'm not a big fan of borrowing diamond hole saws given what I understand to be their relatively short life expectancy.

plutoniumJoe
07-26-2009, 05:06 AM
Bulkreefsupply was my first choice but I was trying to circumvent the two week delivery time. I phoned KMS and summit earlier today and they said they didn't carry them. I might check for myself on Monday.

I will probably get the glass shop to drill the 2" and order the 1 and 1.5 bits. That way you can borrow them Jeff if there is any grit left when I am done.

fkshiu
07-26-2009, 05:29 AM
Bulkreefsupply was my first choice but I was trying to circumvent the two week delivery time. I phoned KMS and summit earlier today and they said they didn't carry them. I might check for myself on Monday.

That's weird. I was just as Summit a few weeks ago and there they were sitting there. Did you ask about "glass drill bits" because they may only know them as "diamond bits" since they are also used to drill things like granite and porcelain.

xtreme
07-26-2009, 05:50 AM
mops.ca ships quick. you would have by the end of the week.

plutoniumJoe
07-26-2009, 10:00 PM
I think I referred to them as glass hole saws. KMS said that they wouldn't even know where to source them. I will do a physical check of Summit on Monday. I just have a feeling I will walk out of there with some other tool that I really don't need as well.

Joe

That's weird. I was just as Summit a few weeks ago and there they were sitting there. Did you ask about "glass drill bits" because they may only know them as "diamond bits" since they are also used to drill things like granite and porcelain.

hillegom
07-27-2009, 01:32 AM
I have seen a kit, with a few bits, at least 4, at princess auto in langley 3 weeks ago.

schroeder
07-27-2009, 03:02 AM
If you are only doing a few holes it might be cheaper and safer to have a glass shop do them.

It's been a few years, but Lions Gate Glass (behind Pet Boutique and Deakin Equipment, off Marine Dr. in North Van) drilled 2 holes for me for less than $7 per hole taxes in.
It might be more expensive now, but that was still cheaper than 2 diamond bits for me.