PDA

View Full Version : Missing Bubble Tip

lx5litre
07-25-2009, 05:01 AM
I went to work for a few days out of town and my bubble tip is missing. Is it possible he died and the fish ate him? I checked the filter and there is nothing in there, the only thing I can find is a white kind of cotton looking piece stuck on the wave maker. The only thing that I can think of is that he has shrivelled up somewhere and is dumping waste. If anyone has any ideas that would be much appreciated.
Thanks,

Pazil
07-25-2009, 05:18 AM
Probably a victim of a powerhead

hummer
07-25-2009, 05:47 AM
Ya it could have gone through your powerhead. Is your water a bit cloudy or is your skimmer working extra hard?

Myka
07-25-2009, 03:37 PM
They can also hide really well...are you sure he's not cramped into a little crevice somewhere?

aquatechy
07-25-2009, 05:05 PM
I agree with Myka. Sometimes, bubble tips are known to go on religious pilgrimages to very unseen parts of your tank, implode (like, eject all their inner fluid), and then reappear, but smaller.

But, do you have clownfish??

pastout
07-25-2009, 05:39 PM
youd know if it went through your power head i had one go through a skimmer actualy had it happen twice all the fish die and the corals thrive

Zoaelite
07-25-2009, 09:43 PM
youd know if it went through your power head i had one go through a skimmer actualy had it happen twice all the fish die and the corals thrive

Never experienced a die off of anything when my RBTA decided to marry my Korellia 8. Unfortunately the divorce left him... split into a million pieces. You would know if he hit a power head its very obvious. My guess is that you had some parameter change (prob. temp with the heat out) and he went into hiding.
Levi