PDA

View Full Version : Cleaner Shrimp birth! ... exciting for a newbie...

Key Equine
07-24-2009, 03:44 AM
So I got two cleaner shrimp for my tank about two months ago, and tonight I was sitting watching TV and looked over to see a big white cloud of something in my tank. Upon closer inspection it is hundreds of tiny cleaner shrimp!!!

I'm sure this is old news to more experienced reefers, but it's my first shrimp birth! The best part was how excited my seahorses got, they are hunting and chasing little shrimp around now, super excited!

Anyway, just thought I would share this small victory in my saltwater world. :wink:

cuz
07-24-2009, 03:47 AM
good job!! got any pics??

Chaloupa
07-24-2009, 03:54 AM
AWESOME~ but especially to watch the seahorses chasing them..that would be very very cool!

Key Equine
07-24-2009, 04:04 AM
Thanks! I didn't get any good pics, but maybe a video! I will try to post it tomorrow...

My husband laughed when I said I had to post this on the forum, but I knew someone out there would share my excitement!

Definitely the coolest part was watching the seahorses get so excited...

Carmen
07-24-2009, 04:20 AM
EXCELLENT! Isn't it the neatest thing! I was so excited too to see it the first time mine bred.
Good for you! Your seahorses will get to feast now on a regular basis!

Key Equine
07-24-2009, 11:50 AM
EXCELLENT! Isn't it the neatest thing! I was so excited too to see it the first time mine bred.
Good for you! Your seahorses will get to feast now on a regular basis!

Yes, I was actually wondering, how often do cleaner shrimp usually breed??