PDA

View Full Version : sixline wrasse

bignose
07-23-2009, 07:09 PM
My girlfriend came home with a six line today. It's still in the bag floating in my tank. I'm not sure if I should take it back because I've heard they are very aggressive. Should I take it back?

sitandwatch
07-23-2009, 07:13 PM
What else is in the tank? They can be aggressive depending on what else you have in the tank.

I wish my wife would bring me home a fish :biggrin:

bignose
07-23-2009, 07:17 PM
I should also mention it's a 95G tank with a mandarin dragonette and a scooter blenny to compete with for food.
Edit: with 110-120 pnds of live rock

Piscez
07-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Mine was one of the first fish in my tank so you would think it would be agressive, but it isn't at all. The food thing could be an issue but mine eats anything I throw in there. This is in an overstocked 72 bow hejust crusies around the rock minding his own business

banditpowdercoat
07-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Mine wasnt agressive, just a really fast swimmer. Sometimes that can stress the slower fish.

fkshiu
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
I should also mention it's a 95G tank with a mandarin dragonette and a scooter blenny to compete with for food.
Edit: with 110-120 pnds of live rock

Might not be good. Six lines compete for the same types of pods as food with the dragonette, but are far faster.

kien
07-23-2009, 09:08 PM
My sixline doesn't bother anyone and he eats anything I throw into the tank.. pellets, flake, fish mush, etc. I'm sure he loves pods too and competes for the pods with my mandarin but I rarely see him nipping or picking things off rocks.

landshark
07-23-2009, 10:34 PM
Just purchased a juvie 6 line about 2 weeks ago. It eats anything as well. Very fast but doesn't bother my other fish. I noticed my flatworm population has dwindled so it's working for that problem. Never thought about competition for pods and such. It eats alot of mysis and brine. Hmmmmm.

Madreefer
07-23-2009, 10:52 PM
Really cool fish. I had one for a couple of years. Mine was perfect, he ate bristle worms and any other nuisance worms. Than I added a leopard wrasse. He killed it so I got ****ed off and I gave him to a freind. He killed my freinds fairy wrasse and picked out the eyes in his lawnmower blenny. Could of just been mine that is a jerk so good luck.

bignose
07-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Thanks for the help. My GF really like the fish and she talked me into keeping it. Hope I have enough pods in my tank. She also brought some mysis for food. I have to admit they are nice fish. It acclimated good and took to the rest of the community and is swimming with everyone.

des_merc
07-24-2009, 02:19 AM
We had one of our sixlines in with an orchid dottyback, harassed the dottyback non-stop. Probably the cause of its death a few months latter.

We put that same six line into a bigger tank, from a 65 bow to a 100 gallon and it has been fine. See my signature for the fish list. There is also a mandarin and used to be a watchman goby. No issues since the change.

We had another sixline in a 30 gallon, no issues, it has since passed on.