PDA

View Full Version : brain coral/trachy help

bigblack
07-23-2009, 03:24 AM
I've got two trachys, wondering what type of light intensity they like, will the be ok under 250 watts mh on the sand, or should they be moved to more shaded outskirt areas of the light where its not so intense. one of them is doing a funny thing when the lights go out it puffs out into a ball about the size of a small orange, and usually it just deflates and looks like a chalice so i'm wondering if its unhappy where i moved it??

chandigz
07-23-2009, 03:36 AM
Mine have always liked to be in a lower light/ flow area. They will usually "tell" you when they are not happy. I would try it in a lower light area and see how it goes. They will also expand at night when they are feeding

Myka
07-23-2009, 12:43 PM
All of my brain corals like to be in the sand. Mine are on the bottom of a 24" tank, and I have 2x250w DE MH. If they get too much light they will bleach out. I have found daily addition of ZEOvit Pohl's Coral Vitalizer, have really increased color on my brain corals as well, if you're interested in that.

bigblack
07-23-2009, 05:37 PM
myka do you dose the phohls cv every day and at what quantities?

Myka
07-24-2009, 03:21 AM
I dose the Pohl's Coral Vitalizer everyday in the morning which works out to about 3 hours before the dawn T5s come on. I dose like the bottle says 1 drop per 25 gallons, so I dose 3 drops seeing as my dang tank isn't full all the way yet.