PDA

View Full Version : Holanthias borbonius

chilumba
07-22-2009, 12:27 AM
Does anybody have experience with Blotched Anthias (Holanthias borbonius) and how much did it cost you or how much was one, two ,three, ect. and where you bought it.
Pictures are welcome. Not my picture
http://www.toofishy.com/images/T/blotched_anthias.jpg

Rus
07-22-2009, 01:25 PM
I have one in my tank , I have had it for around 2 months or so . He is eating very well , but I have noticed mine is quite shy other than feeding time, and does not spend a lot of time swimming around like other anthias types. I think I paid around $120 or so . They are a cool looking fish to add , maybe with more than one they would be swimming around more.

I got mine from Aquatic Addictions in Abbotsford

StirCrazy
07-22-2009, 03:00 PM
Does anybody have experience with Blotched Anthias (Holanthias borbonius) and how much did it cost you or how much was one, two ,three, ect. and where you bought it.
Pictures are welcome. Not my picture

depending on the size of your tank, you most likle will be better off with just one. Anthias require more room generaly than tangs. the one you are looking at is actualy a sea bass that falls under the anthias genis.

Steve

Borderjumper
07-22-2009, 03:12 PM
Ive got two in a tank your size, and I agree with Stir that one is probibly better. Mine dont really get along. The dominant one is out and about all the time but the smaller one tends to hide.

My smaller one has swimbladder issues.. either that or air in its stomach. Reading up on this I see its fairly common in these fish.

I too paid somewhere over $100.. I try to forget how much.:mrgreen: They are a really nice little fish.. kind of punky looking but they dont seem to bother the other fish. I have mine with seahorse and pipefish and a mandarin.

I got mine from Oceanic Corals.