PDA

View Full Version : Neo Nano by Deep Sea Aquatics?

noirsphynx
07-21-2009, 03:42 PM
Anyone know who the Canadian distributor for the Neo Nano tank by Deep Sea Aquatics is? Was talking with DSA yesterday and suppossidly there is a Canadian distributor. DSA is supposed to call back and let me know but just thought I'd ask here in case someone does know.

karazy
07-21-2009, 04:38 PM
ive seen them at pisces and petland in calgary

noirsphynx
07-21-2009, 04:54 PM
ive seen them at pisces and petland in calgary

REALLY!! Thanks I'm going to have to give them a call. If they have one I guess a trip to Calgary is coming very soon :biggrin:

mseepman
07-21-2009, 05:49 PM
I think the same guys who carry Hagen might carry this tank. It also appears that the lighting setup for it is just like that for the hagen GLO tanks

It's in our local store setup with fish and coral. They use a GLO fixture above the tank as it appears to be made for that.

Although it has a lot of neat features, there are some real problems in my eyes with this tank.

First, the "waterfall" back into the tank from the sump should not be over black plastic...the local store sometimes has to clean it every day or brown crud covers it.

The sump is very well done, but the two overflows on each side are an eyesore, especially when you insert the sponges or media bags that they suggest you do. Imagine looking at two topless aquaclears all the time.

If they knocked off the waterfall and just put a regular overflow in, this would be the bomb as far as Clam tanks go...just the right dimensions.

That's my 2 cents but you may find it's the perfect tank for you.:biggrin:

noirsphynx
07-28-2009, 05:16 AM
I found the tank locally and I like it(except the light it comes with) but the price tag is too high for me, even on sale :sad:

Myka
07-28-2009, 01:31 PM
What's the price anyway? I see they are $600-800 in the US.

noirsphynx
07-28-2009, 04:27 PM
What's the price anyway? I see they are $600-800 in the US.

Here it's $1399 on sale, that's for the tank, stand & sump with the Glo T5 light.

Myka
07-29-2009, 02:57 AM
I can't believe how expensive AIOs are getting...

noirsphynx
07-29-2009, 05:58 AM
I can't believe how expensive AIOs are getting...

I know, it's crazy and you still have to buy a skimmer for it. I like that it's different but not enough to pay that price.