PDA

View Full Version : Starting all over...stocking sugestions?

Trevor Robertson
07-22-2003, 02:41 PM
Okay well I am sure that most of you know now about my new pool in my basement, well the final clean up should be done today, so I will be refilling tomorow :biggrin: !

I have been thinking about what I am going to keep, (for those of you that don't know the tank is 135 gal with crap for lights).

I am planning on a school of:
6 green chromis
pair of clowns (ocolarus)
2 6 line Wrasse
Madrin (to be purchased in 6-8 months)
1 Cleaner shrimp
1 Yellow Tang
1 Flame angel (to be added much later when I have extra cash, and I am not 100% on this one)

Coral,
well as my lights suck I am thinking just really easy ones, like star polups and simmilar, some mushrooms..

Any changes and or suggestions would be great.

Thanks

tkhawaja
07-22-2003, 03:14 PM
From what I've read and been told, the 6 line wrasses will compete directly with the Mandrin for food. Same with the shrimp, if they don't have easier food to catch they might go after the copepods etc. Also, Van suggested I go with something from the Genicanthus family if I wanted an angel. I really haven't finished doing my research on corals so confirm my suggestions with others.

You could start with Rhodactis, Zooanthus, or Calvularia. If they do well then you might try some Lobophytum, Sinularia, and some of the easier Sacrophyton.

Aquattro
07-22-2003, 04:12 PM
Yes, the 6 lines and the mandarin as well as the shrimp will all be competing for the same food. I suggest you pick the favorite and leave the others.

Quinn
07-22-2003, 05:19 PM
The Genicanthus sp. angels are fantastic. Let me say right now that I have dibs on any Bellus or Watanabei males that appear in Canada. :razz:

Van down by the river
07-24-2003, 12:02 PM
Hillside in Victoria will have a very nice Genicanthus melanospilos male tomorrow. Maybe Reef raf will snatch it up.
I'll see if I can get a few to Edmonton in the next month.

http://www.imagequest3d.com/pages/articles/images/rstn_af1.jpg

An excellent reef Angel that is hardy and NEVER eats or nips your coral as they are planktivores.

tkhawaja
07-24-2003, 03:12 PM
Genicanthus melanospilos
How do these fish get together? Group, harem, or pairing? Oh oh oh. . .. can have one too? :wink: