PDA

View Full Version : Black Egg Crate - Calgary

simplycoral
07-19-2009, 04:49 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know where i could get some black egg crate in Calgary on a Sunday :question:

Regards,

Simon....

i have crabs
07-19-2009, 06:35 PM
i have a few small chunks, how much do you need?

simplycoral
07-20-2009, 01:40 AM
i have a few small chunks, how much do you need?

Hi,

Thanks.. I need 3 or 4 sheets. I think i have found a company that does it on 52nd Ave. Will have to wait until Monday though.

Regards, Simon

Eb0la11
07-20-2009, 05:15 AM
Whats the company? I might be interested.

Delphinus
07-20-2009, 02:45 PM
What is the price? I once went on a hunt looking for the stuff and ended up paying around $15-20 per sheet (can't remember exactly anymore). I vowed just to buy the white stuff from then on and then use some black Krylon Fusion paint to make them black ($10 from Canadian Tire and well documented on the boards as a safe paint to use around our fish tanks including under the waterline).

Snappy
07-20-2009, 03:03 PM
Why black eggcrate? If you want it for shelving in a frag tank I recommend just using the white. I got some black awhile back and in my experience the black gets an algae build up on it just as fast as the white but at least the white might reflect a bit of light on the underside of the coral. In my opinion the idea of black eggcrate being better for reefing is just a myth and a waste of money!

simplycoral
07-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Whats the company? I might be interested.

Hi,

The company is Brite-Lite on 18, 2305 - 52nd Ave. S.E., Calgary, Alberta, T2C 4X7 Canada

PHONE (403) 720-6877

They are delivering it on Wednesday.

Regards, Simon.

simplycoral
07-21-2009, 12:54 AM
What is the price? I once went on a hunt looking for the stuff and ended up paying around $15-20 per sheet (can't remember exactly anymore). I vowed just to buy the white stuff from then on and then use some black Krylon Fusion paint to make them black ($10 from Canadian Tire and well documented on the boards as a safe paint to use around our fish tanks including under the waterline).

Hi,

It's $18.60 a sheet. A little more than white. Was a little worried about painting the white though....

Regards, Simon

simplycoral
07-21-2009, 12:57 AM
Why black eggcrate? If you want it for shelving in a frag tank I recommend just using the white. I got some black awhile back and in my experience the black gets an algae build up on it just as fast as the white but at least the white might reflect a bit of light on the underside of the coral. In my opinion the idea of black eggcrate being better for reefing is just a myth and a waste of money!

Hi,

I really fancied a change that was all... I am also hoping the black will not reflect the flash from my camera as much as the white seems too...:biggrin: Either that or i need to take a photography course!

Regards, Simon.