PDA

View Full Version : ritteri questions

mytank90
07-19-2009, 01:44 AM
ok today i was given a ritteri bye my brother as a gift .my tank is only 90 gallons and i have a tek 4 bulb <216 wats total>would this survive in my tank or would it be best find it a new home?i have a frogspawn/kenya tree /few other easy corals in tank now

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-19-2009, 04:50 AM
This anemone is definitely light loving. It will find the spot in your tank (at least mine does) that has the best light & good flow.

I've never used a full HOT5 unit so not sure if your's is strong enough for it. I think it should be fine, but someone with more experience with T5 & Ritteri/Magnifica should chime in.

They grow big & fast, especially if regularly fed. Mine is in a 4' 120g with dual 150w MH & it stays on a rock I positioned right under one of the MH lights, 5" from the surface. Loves it there & my clowns love the nem.

Anthony

Delphinus
07-19-2009, 06:06 AM
Hard to say with that light. It's not the intensity that's the problem, it's that it's too uniform. A really reliable way to encourage them to stay put is for them to basically believe that they are in the spot of highest light, and then they'll stay put rock solid. Otherwise it's a crapshoot, they might be easygoing but they might not and then they'll have wanderlust. It's a pretty common thing to see them rooted on the front glass, because guess where the most light and current are usually? :lol:

So .. sorry for the wishy washy answer but IMO it's a hard one to predict. It might be fine, it might not .. can't really tell until you try though.

As stated, they can and will get enormous, and they have the capacity to become very large very quickly in the right conditions. At about 24" around, I was not able to keep mine in a 90g, which is why I nowadays have a 30x30x30 cube, it was the smallest dimensioned tank I could fit the anemone into. I don't have the anemone anymore (sold it about 8 months ago) otherwise I'd show you a picture.

Anyhow good luck and if you could post a picture of it that would be awesome. :)

cheers

fishytime
07-19-2009, 02:20 PM
How long has the tank been running for?

mytank90
07-19-2009, 02:35 PM
i set up the tank in november and just had rock in it till april .i do 20% water changes ever 2 weeks