PDA

View Full Version : 2 pairs of clown in same tank?

banditpowdercoat
07-18-2009, 01:58 AM
I am considering shutting down my 45g corner tank and moving the inhabitants to the 150g. Just tp much work with both tanks right now. Main question, would the clowns get along? I have a pair in each tank right now and not sure if they will get along?

Thx in advance

The Codfather
07-18-2009, 03:49 AM
Chances are no. Just my opinion, tried it once, no success. They two pair were constantly squabbling, and within days had to be separated.
Bob

my2rotties
07-18-2009, 03:53 AM
I have a single saddleback and it has it's own anemone, and a single maroon with it's own anemone. They don't fight, but they are singles. I have their anemones placed on opposite sides of the seven foot width of the tank. The saddleback on occasion will chase the maroon but there is no real fighting. For a pair of two different species, I really wouldn't know.

Leah
07-18-2009, 04:00 AM
I never had any luck, tried to keep a few and well you can guess what happened.
For such cute little fish's they can sure be nasty. By the way I want to here your story
it sounds umm interesting. Re: Women :wink:

tgoeujon
07-18-2009, 06:19 PM
ive got 3 pairs in my 110 and as long as the black percs stay away from the ocellaris there fine and noone seems to care about the skunks at all, but i may just be lucky to:biggrin:

Myka
07-18-2009, 06:24 PM
In a big tank like that, I've heard of people being successful keeping two pairs when each pair had it's own anemone.

no_bs
07-18-2009, 08:45 PM
We recently shut down two salts, so put two pairs, black and orange, together in one 100g. There was a little sqabling and wanting to trade anemones but everything fine now.

ponokareefer
07-18-2009, 10:20 PM
What types of clownfish are the pairs? That can make a world of difference.
I tried a pair of true perc's and a pair of cinnamons. I worked until the cinammons outgrew the true perc's and then they wouldn't leave them alone until I removed the true perc's from the tank. Maroon clowns and tomatoe clowns are pretty aggressive as well.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-19-2009, 04:59 AM
If one pair is Maroon or one of the other more aggressive species, it will be difficult.

If they are all true percs or ocellaris or skunks, doable in a 6' tank.

brickwood
07-19-2009, 07:31 AM
Got 3 Clarki Clowns and 2 Percs in a 180. They all seem to get along fine as long as they don't go into each others territories.

banditpowdercoat
07-19-2009, 05:25 PM
Both pairs are perc's. I think I will keep the smaller tank, for the smaller fishies I have. we'll see

Thx all for the replies.