impreza
07-19-2003, 12:21 AM
where can i buy Nassarius Snails ?

Aquattro
07-19-2003, 12:24 AM
www.jlaquatics.com

tkhawaja
07-19-2003, 01:01 AM
I also got some from Salt Water Connection myself. But they are boring snails. They just disappear under the sand and you rarely see them. But I guess they are doing their job.

StirCrazy
07-19-2003, 01:42 AM
I added these snails because everyone else was at the time.. thinking back I don't think I would spend money on them again. every reference I have read to them lists them as "Carnivorous, Detravore, Omnivore" while I have not notice them eating anything I don;t want them to, I also only see them when I put food in the tank and they come from everywhare to eat.

the part that bothers me is what are they eating out of the sand bed. the fact that they are "Carnivorous and also Omnivore's" has me wondering.

In my opinion you are better off spending the money one certh snails for the sand bed and leave the detravoir work to the worms and pods.

Steve

kari
07-19-2003, 04:35 AM
A few days ago there was a bunch at Gold. 10 for 20 was the price. They had a good variety of snails in stock.

Kari

kari
07-19-2003, 04:47 AM
They were all buried in the sand in one of the very small fish holding tanks. Kind of cool how they all pop out at the same time as soon as food is introduced.