PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 36"x18" footprint or larger aquarium (for dry

Quinn
07-18-2003, 10:37 PM
I am looking for a new tank for my turtle. It must have a 36"x18" footprint, height is not important. Damaged is fine, as it won't be holding water. I will be in Calgary on Saturday, July 19th, so if anyone in that city has one, please let me know ASAP and I'll grab it. I should note that if you have a tank that is, say, 48"x12"x18" (50 gal long), I would also be interested in it, because I can cut the one side out and turn the tank into a 48"x18"x12"-18". :smile:

Quinn
07-19-2003, 06:05 PM
Bump...

rossb
07-19-2003, 07:37 PM
Quinn I also have a fairly large turtle (it needs water). I did the 34",36" and 48" tanks and eventually she got too big. I went to revy and talked them out of a pond liner (a rigid plastic one) for 25 bucks. It was in the back and was dirty and covered in debris ... and they tend to deal on those. You might give that a try.
I cribbed it with wood and it makes an excellent turtle tank. I have a basking light and a ramp for her to get out .... it was cheap and effective. I also have a biofilter so I don't have to change the water ever (we just add water and use the pond to water plants in leu of a change). it has been running for 3 years now ....