PDA

View Full Version : Coming to Calgary

Veng68
07-18-2003, 07:23 AM
I've confirmed my trip to Calgary on July 31st and I will probably stay for
at least a week (maybe 2).

If you need anything from J&L please let me know & I will pick it up for you. I don't have the phone number of where I am staying yet. I do know that I will be staying in the Hamptons area. You can reach me at my travelling e-mail address veng68@yahoo.com (when I am in Calgary).

I am already getting something for Emily.B so it's not a problem for me to pick something up for you people in Calgary. Emily.B is going to try to arrange to pre-purchase her item online and have me pick it up for her. If that does not work I can pay for it ahead of time.

If you people have sometime, I'd love to see your tanks & possible do a tour of your local aquarium shops. I guess we can figure that out later.

Cheers,
Victor Eng
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

Canadian Man
07-18-2003, 06:21 PM
Hey. If you are making a trip to the deep south of calgary feel free to stop buy. Most of us are split between the deep north or deep south.

cheers

Veng68
07-18-2003, 06:50 PM
Do you need me to pick you up anything at J&L?

Cheers,
Victor

AJ_77
07-18-2003, 07:39 PM
How much room do you have, Victor? Is a bucket of salt too much?

I will be passing out your way this weekend, and will try to stop in at J&L. I would like to buy a couple of things, but have no room in the holiday van (can't carry them around for 2 weeks).

And lucky for me, I live near EmilyB.

:razz:

Veng68
07-18-2003, 08:09 PM
How much room do you have, Victor? Is a bucket of salt too much?

I will be passing out your way this weekend, and will try to stop in at J&L. I would like to buy a couple of things, but have no room in the holiday van (can't carry them around for 2 weeks).

And lucky for me, I live near EmilyB.

:razz:

Maybe not a bucket of salt but I can bring some stuff back for you if you want. Just let me know.

Do you want to meet up sometime while your here? I don't have a tank set up at the moment but I can show you around the local shops some afternoon if you like.

Cheers,
Victor

AJ_77
07-18-2003, 08:45 PM
Do you want to meet up sometime while your here? I don't have a tank set up at the moment but I can show you around the local shops some afternoon if you like.

Cheers,
Victor
Victor, I'll be surprised if we make time for a quick stop at J&L, seeing as it's not far off the highway. Then it's off to the ferry!

Thanks anyways, hopefully some other time.

Buccaneer
07-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Hey Victor ... how about a couple 36" VHO actinics ? :smile:

Cheers

Veng68
07-18-2003, 09:57 PM

Cheers

I don't know if that will survive the trip in my luggage........ actually I don't even know if my luggage is more then 36 inches long :eek:

I'll check.

Cheers,
Victor

Veng68
07-18-2003, 09:58 PM

Cheers,
Victor
Victor, I'll be surprised if we make time for a quick stop at J&L, seeing as it's not far off the highway. Then it's off to the ferry!

Thanks anyways, hopefully some other time.

How about on the way back? Or is your schedule real tight?

Cheers,
Victor

AJ_77
07-18-2003, 10:37 PM

Cheers,
Victor
You'll be in Calgary when I return.

How are you travelling (car, bus,plane)? It might be helpful for people to know what kind of cargo space you have available.

Quinn
07-18-2003, 10:40 PM
I am considering buying some books from J&L. Can I let you know what's up next week, and possibly you can bring them over here with you?

Veng68
07-18-2003, 11:22 PM

Cheers,
Victor
You'll be in Calgary when I return.

How are you travelling (car, bus,plane)? It might be helpful for people to know what kind of cargo space you have available.

I'll be travelling by plane.

Cheers,
Victor

Veng68
07-18-2003, 11:23 PM
I am considering buying some books from J&L. Can I let you know what's up next week, and possibly you can bring them over here with you?

That would not be a problem to get them to Calgary but I don't have a car so how would you get them to Red Deer?

Cheers,
Aquaman

EmilyB
07-19-2003, 12:54 AM
I am hoping that some of you are around to show your tanks and perhaps store tour. :biggrin:

Veng68
07-19-2003, 12:59 AM
I am hoping that some of you are around to show your tanks and perhaps store tour. :biggrin:

I guess I could rent a car & try to get lost in your grid ;)

Cheers,
Victor

EmilyB
07-19-2003, 01:02 AM
Nah, I'd be happy to drive. I know the quickest route to hit all the stores in an afternoon and have done it many times !!

The only thing is I have to sit in the car at Wai's, cause I refuse to enter the premises. :mrgreen: It is, however, a must see for you.. :biggrin:

We could then hit some tanks in the deep south. :mrgreen:

Veng68
07-19-2003, 06:53 AM
Cool........ we just have to pick a day :D

Cheers,
Victor

EmilyB
07-19-2003, 07:35 AM
Tony? You up for a tank visit? Jon is on the list... :cool:

Veng68
07-19-2003, 08:41 PM

Cheers

Sorry Rasta........ my luggage is not the long and I already have 2 carry ons :(

Cheers,
Victor

Buccaneer
07-19-2003, 10:49 PM

Cheers

Sorry Rasta........ my luggage is not the long and I already have 2 carry ons :(

Cheers,
Victor

Cheers

I don't know if that will survive the trip in my luggage........ actually I don't even know if my luggage is more then 36 inches long :eek:

I'll check.

Cheers,
Victor

Hey Victor ... you already said that on the first page ... bummer on the bulbs :sad:

or ... you could get new luggage :idea: ... no ... not enough time :smile:

Have a good time in our fair city :biggrin:

Cheers

Delphinus
07-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Hi, Victor, I'm sorry but I am not sure I will be around to catch your visit. :sad: I will be out YOUR way (Vancouver and then the Island) starting this weekend and back on the 11th. I guess if you're around for two weeks then maybe there is a small overlap when I get back. Let me know. I guess I can't participate in the tank tour thingy though, but maybe there could be another quick get-together or something depending on how things go. I live really close to Canadian_Man.

Bob I
07-22-2003, 12:55 AM
The only thing is I have to sit in the car at Wai's, cause I refuse to enter the premises. :mrgreen: It is, however, a must see for you.. :biggrin:

Peters' is right across the street.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Veng68
07-22-2003, 01:33 AM
Hmmmmmmmm............ seems like I may be l be staying till August 23rd .

Cheers,
Victor

EmilyB
07-22-2003, 01:57 AM
I guess we are the only people in the world that hate Peters Drive-In. :confused:

We do however make a weekly trip to the Vietnamese restaurant there by Wais for the wor won ton and their homemade HOT sauce. :biggrin: