PDA

View Full Version : ATTN:need info!

Stirfry
07-18-2003, 01:54 AM
i need to know some info on a shark :exclaim: the name i think is ramoray shark or remoray shark or somthing like that can anyone tell me anything?????
and does anyone know anything about the spotted grouper??
other than it grows to 12 inches it is a bottom feeder carnivore does anyone have any exspierence with any of these fish????
help if anyones knows anything please let me know?????

Diomedes
07-20-2003, 01:58 AM
Stirfry, We talked on the phone. You are looking for a "Remora". Don't get one, they are unsuitable.

-Stephen

smokinreefer
07-20-2003, 04:01 AM
remoras are unsuitable for the home aquarium.
they have symbiotic relationships with sharks and what not.

groupers are generally hardy fish. they eat tons and grow tons. require fairly large aquariums and you will definitely need to keep your eye on water quality when keeping big eaters like these.

Van down by the river
07-20-2003, 10:39 AM
Basically, if it's too small to attach to they will eat it.

They are extremely fast swimmers with a strong tail equipped for bursts of speed. If you choose to go ahead anyways and put them in a tank on their own they will spend much of their time stuck to the tank wall like a pleco.

As to your "spotted grouper" this could be any one of many species of grouper.
I suggest you try to get the Latin name so you can ensure your info is accurate. Also when people give you advice, you can be more sure that you are all talking about the same fish. Generally I'd consider a 100gal as minimum for any grouper and many species require a larger aquarium.

They have a similar rule to Remoras;
If it (their tankmates) could fit in their mouth, sooner or later it will!

On the plus side most species are very hardy.
If you let us know what species exactly, I'm sure you will get more detailed information.