PDA

View Full Version : LF-apstasia eating critters

sleschwin
07-05-2009, 03:09 PM
Anyone have any cleaner or peppermint shrimp they would like to part with?

Apstasia has begun to overtake our live rock, have read these would be a good option to help eliminate or a least control them..:sad::idea:

Aaron and Brenda

paddyob
07-05-2009, 03:21 PM
Anyone have any cleaner or peppermint shrimp they would like to part with?

Apstasia has begun to overtake our live rock, have read these would be a good option to help eliminate or a least control them..:sad::idea:

Aaron and Brenda

Peppermint Are great at it. if you dont find one here, they are dirt cheap in stores. i had one clean it all up, all of it.

no_bs
07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
We swear by a raccoon to clear up your problem.

Navarchus
07-06-2009, 02:34 AM
In my one experience not all peppermint will do the job. Once they realize there are other food sources in there, the same problem using cooperband for that job. The best biological solution for these hideous critters in a nudibranch called Berghia verrucicornis. They are a bit expensive and do so well in shipment so you should buy few of them.
Buy the way if you have any wrasses in your tank they will eat the Berghia verrucicornis.

http://www.aquarist-classifieds.co.uk/php/img/20081119123058.jpg

i have crabs
07-06-2009, 02:40 AM
raccoon butterfly worked like magic for me also,

68shelby
07-06-2009, 04:31 AM
work awesome I got 4 from LFS and I must have head 30-40 aptasia that I could count, and that was after I killed off a ton with kalkwasser. Shrimp tok them out in 2 days.