PDA

View Full Version : New Calgary Fragalot Order for July 16th 2009

kien
07-05-2009, 03:00 PM
I am putting together a fragalot order to replace some frags that were missing from my last order and probably picking up some new ones as well.

If you are interested in tagging along drop Me (and Burc) a PM with your order by midnight of Wednesday July 15th 2009. Shipment will be Thursday the 16th with a Friday delivery. Pickup will be at my place Friday afternoon.

K.

jepree
07-05-2009, 08:24 PM
well its no surprise but im in on this one lol!!!

hummer
07-05-2009, 09:00 PM
Nice seeing you guys again...I'm in.
Does anyone know if those *limit 1 per order* items are per person or per one shipment? I'll fire an PM off to burc and see which it is. But DIBS on #45!! =)

kien
07-05-2009, 11:33 PM
Nice seeing you guys again...I'm in.
Does anyone know if those *limit 1 per order* items are per person or per one shipment? I'll fire an PM off to burc and see which it is. But DIBS on #45!! =)

I guess we just can't get enough of Burc and his frags.. Well, that's my case anyway. I don't seem to ever get enough with these orders :-p I'm hoping third times the charm!

I don't know for sure but if I had to guess I would say one per group order. We will have to figure something out with those limited frags.

soaptray
07-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Count me in - I would love to dump 40 or 50$ on some cool frags. How much is the shipping portion?

hummer
07-06-2009, 06:11 PM
It is free if we order over $250

Count me in - I would love to dump 40 or 50$ on some cool frags. How much is the shipping portion?

hummer
07-07-2009, 05:58 PM
Hey guys,
Got a message from Burc. He said most of the limited stuff are sold out. He's going to update the page today.
Do we have enough frags for an order? I was thinking about getting around 7 frags.

kien
07-07-2009, 06:31 PM
I'll be ordering 5. I think we are close to free shipping. If we don't make it to free shipping I think it'll still be cheap among 4/5 people.

K.

soaptray
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
I will be getting 4-5 frags myself, and my friend will be getting some as well. he is just looking at the list.

soaptray
07-09-2009, 01:09 AM
Any update on this? I have about $100 - $120 of frags I would like to buy. Where do i send the list and money?

Argentiner
07-09-2009, 02:46 AM
I'd be in for $30 worth of frags. You can send an email to fragalot and he'll send you the address to pay on paypal. That's one option. I sent an email to him a few days ago and still haven't heard back though.

Scott

hummer
07-09-2009, 03:15 AM
Ya I've paid Burc through PayPal the last 2 orders. I just pay him and then send him a PM about it. I've paid him at this address the last 2 times: saadetucak28@hotmail.com

Most of the frags I picked are the limited ones. Burc said a lot of the limited ones were sold out. He said he would update his webpage so I'm waiting to see if any of the ones I picked are sold out. Then I can alter my order before paying him.

kien
07-09-2009, 04:06 AM
Just like those guys said, we pay Burc via paypal at that address. PM him if you have any questions. The closing of this order is still scheduled for next wednesday at midnight. He will ship our orders out on Thursday and they will arrive Friday. I will pick up the order once it arrives and have them ready for everyone to pick up at my place Friday afternoon. My address to follow. I live in the South East near Ikea (Riverbend).

K.

Phanman
07-09-2009, 03:37 PM
so all the limited ones seem to still be up for sale... not sure when he is going to actually update it.

Did anyone find out if the 1 per order refers to the person or group order?

hummer
07-09-2009, 03:58 PM
so all the limited ones seem to still be up for sale... not sure when he is going to actually update it.

Did anyone find out if the 1 per order refers to the person or group order?

I emailed him on Tuesday about it. This was his response:
"Some pf the limited frags sold out. I will update the page today."

Not sure what pf stands for. Paid For? Maybe they are all sold out. I see a couple of other non-limited frags I like. But I was hoping to get some of the limited stuff.

Argentiner
07-09-2009, 07:51 PM
He just told me today that the #37 is probably sold out. :cry: He also said he thought the others were still available.

Scott

muck
07-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I emailed him on Tuesday about it. This was his response:
"Some pf the limited frags sold out. I will update the page today."

Not sure what pf stands for. Paid For?
Guessing its a spelling mistake. Probably should have been "of". :wink:

hummer
07-10-2009, 12:48 AM
Guessing its a spelling mistake. Probably should have been "of". :wink:

haha good call. That makes more sense.

freezetyle
07-10-2009, 01:24 AM
Ok so do we send him a pm via the message board or e-mail him and then send the funds via paypal. or do we go through the site (sorry first timer)

kien
07-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Ok so do we send him a pm via the message board or e-mail him and then send the funds via paypal. or do we go through the site (sorry first timer)

What I do is I PM him with my list. You can email him as well. Doesn't really matter how you get the list to him. Then, I pay him via paypal and include the list in the "notes/message" part of the paypal payment. You should also PM me your list so that I know what to expect to pick up when I do so at the shipping facility next week.

hummer
07-10-2009, 01:43 AM
I usually include the frags I ordered in the PalPal description and then send him a PM via message board to tell him I've paid. I would include the frag #'s in the PM as well.
Also send Kien a PM with your frag #'s as well.
Don't go through the site because it'll add on shipping to your final cost.

I'm not sure what we're going to do about the limited stuff. I'll send him another email. Has anyone paid for the limited stuff already?

He just told me today that the #37 is probably sold out. :cry: He also said he thought the others were still available.

Scott

soaptray
07-13-2009, 05:16 PM
I have sent the owner an email with the frags I would like - but he hasnt responded. We have about $140 ready to go.

Does anyone have a phone number for fragalot? I don't want to miss out on this one.

kien
07-13-2009, 05:24 PM
In my experience these online vendors are very very slow at getting back to us. The best we can do is wait and be patient. Give him a couple more days, he should respond. Did you have specific questions for him? Maybe one of us can answer for you.

Edit: I just sent Burc a PM asking him if we are still okay for a thursday shipment / friday delivery this week. I also re-asked him about the "limited" frags.

K.

Argentiner
07-13-2009, 06:48 PM
I still haven't heard back from about a week ago asking about the limited frags.

hummer
07-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I got an email from him today. He said there are a few frags of #45 and #136 left. I'm not sure about the other limited ones. Again he didn't answer if it was 1 per person or 1 per group order. I was going to assume it was 1 per person and try ordering one.

jalemboo
07-14-2009, 06:24 AM
what is burc's email, i am interested in this order too

hummer
07-14-2009, 12:57 PM
what is burc's email, i am interested in this order too

This is the e-mail address from his website that I've been using: bucak@sympatico.ca

Reminder to pay fragalot and send your frag list to Kien by Midnight on Wednesday July 15/09.

Thanks!

kien
07-15-2009, 03:18 PM
Yesterday I sent Burc and email and an PM asking him to confirm that he can ship our order this Thursday for a Friday pickup. Still waiting for a reply. Man.. these online vendors are brutal to deal with :-) I guess the only thing we can do is wait. If he doesn't ship out this week then it is going to have to be delivery for Friday the 31st because I'm away next friday (24th). Friday afternoons are the only times I can pick up the order because I have them off. If someone else happens to have a day off during the week over the next couple of weeks they are welcome to receive our order.

K.

freezetyle
07-15-2009, 03:52 PM
i have yet to get a reply from bruc. I have sent him a few Pm's as well as an e-mail or two. but i know he has gotten my money. im off all next week so if we need someone to receive the order let me know. although i live in the deep south (evergreen) so that might be a pain in the ass for everyone.

kien
07-15-2009, 04:07 PM
I know that a bunch of us have paid, so hopefully he can ship this week! That would be cool if you could receive the order in the event that it needs to be shipped out next week. I live in the SE too so that's fine with me :-) The last two times it was in the far NE so still pretty far for a few people to drive :-)

K.

Argentiner
07-15-2009, 04:18 PM
I've been waiting to pay to make sure he has the frags that I want. If I don't hear from him today, I'll probably back out, considering the mess last time.

kien
07-15-2009, 05:48 PM
I just got an email reply from Burc!

-- snip --
Hi Kien
Sorry for late reply. I had little propbpme with frags i ended up fragging new ones. But they need little more time to heal.. Would next week be okay?

Thanks
-- snip --

So what do you guys think? Extend the order deadline to next week sometime? I'm thinking next wednesday shipment, for a thursday pickup. I could probably work from home on Thursday to receive the order. If not I'll hit up Freezstyle to receive :-)

Oh and I am assuming "propbpme" = "problem"

K.

freezetyle
07-15-2009, 06:36 PM
shouldn't be a problem for me. but I'm still not sure as my order has been confirmed.

hummer
07-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I'm fine with next week as well.

kien
07-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Okay, so deadline to order has been extended to next Tuesday at midnight, with a Wednesday shipment, Thursday arrival. Will keep you posted. Hopefully a few more days will allow Burc to get back to everyone.

kien
07-18-2009, 03:53 PM
I received an email from Burc today. A couple of days ago I asked him if wednesday shipment with Thursday pickup this week works and here's his reply:

-- snip --
Hi Kien

If thursday pick up is good for you i will get them out on wednesday.

Thanks for your understanding.
Burc

-- snip --

So This Thursday it is. I will be working from home Thursday afternoon so I will pick up the order at noon and have it ready at my place in the afternoon.

K.

freezetyle
07-18-2009, 05:12 PM
What e-mail are you guys all sending messages to? ive tried a few and have yet to get a reply

kien
07-20-2009, 10:20 PM
I use this email -> bucak@sympatico.ca

He is painfully slow at responding to some emails though.. very very.. s.. l.. o.. w.. :sleep:

kien
07-21-2009, 03:56 PM
Okay, so today is the last day to submit your orders to Burc and myself and I suppose you have until tomorrow to pay him. He will package and ship our order out tomorrow (hopefully!) I will pick up the order Thursday and will be home in the afternoon and evening to allow everyone to come pick up their orders. If you can not pick up your orders let me know and I will acclimate them to my tank for holding. I will be away Friday afternoon until Sunday.

So far I have lists from myself, hummer and freezstyle. Soaptray expressed interest in ordering but I don't believe I have a list from you yet. Argentiner provided me with a list but I believe you were going to back out? At this point we do not have enough frags for free shipping so we will all have to split the shipping cost.

Some of those limited frags are still available. They say "limit 1 per order" and I am going to interpret that as each person who is ordering can have one unless he tells me otherwise which he has not despite many attempts from various people asking for clarification. Bottom line is, if you pay for it, you should get it, unless he tells you otherwise.

K.

hummer
07-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the update Kien. As promised you get a SLURPEE for your hard work!
How many frags are we short of free shipping?

kien
07-21-2009, 05:25 PM
Between Myself, Hummer and Freezestyle we have $170 worth of frags paid for. Soap said he had another $140 waiting to pay Burc but has not gotten back to me on whether or not he went through with the order. Argentiner had a couple that he was interested in but has probably bailed on the group order.

So if Soap goes through with the order we'll have enough for free shipping.

K.

Argentiner
07-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Ya, sorry. He has never gotten back to me so I'm going to skip out on this one. I don't know if he even has the frags I want.

hummer
07-21-2009, 06:46 PM
OK sounds good. Any idea how we pay the shipping? Do we pay you or paypal Burc?

Between Myself, Hummer and Freezestyle we have $170 worth of frags paid for. Soap said he had another $140 waiting to pay Burc but has not gotten back to me on whether or not he went through with the order. Argentiner had a couple that he was interested in but has probably bailed on the group order.

So if Soap goes through with the order we'll have enough for free shipping.

K.

kien
07-21-2009, 08:21 PM
I guess we could do it either way. Either I can pay for the shipment, and then collect from everyone when they pick up their orders, or if Burc tells us how much shipping is, we can all pay Burc for shipping individually. I'll ask Burc if he prefers one way or the other.

K.

soaptray
07-21-2009, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that I ended up ordering 250$ to my self, and will no longer need the group buy.

I did this to get some of the limited frags and not have to compete with others on the order.

I managed to get a hold of Burc, and my order was shipped this morning... he said he was VERY busy with his $10 frag sale.

Good luck guys! Hope to meet some of you at the BBQ.

freezetyle
07-22-2009, 03:17 AM
Just heard from Bruc. My stuff should all be there!

kien
07-23-2009, 09:11 AM
No word yet on tracking number.. or even if the package shipped or not.

hummer
07-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Darn. I'm guessing no word from him about shipping cost? Maybe he didn't send it out because we haven't paid for that yet. I'm sure if he'd let us know we could have fired that money off pretty quick.

No word yet on tracking number.. or even if the package shipped or not.

kien
07-23-2009, 02:24 PM
I believe it was either Monday or Tuesday of this week, I emailed and PM'ed him to let him know that we didn't hit $250 and I asked him how he wanted us to handle shipping cost. Do we each send him money or should I pay? I never got a response from him. I know, you are shocked :wink: I'm perfectly fine with covering the shipping cost and then getting everyone to pay me when they pick up but I haven't even been told what the shipping cost is.

Anyway, I'm waiting to hear from him..

hummer
07-23-2009, 02:30 PM
LOL.
Ya it would probably be easier if we just paid you back. I'm good for it :biggrin:
I just checked on his website and it says shipping is $45 to anywhere in Canada.

kien
07-23-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm kind of holding onto hope that maybe he won't charge us for shipping because my last two orders I had lots of missing frags and most of my SPS' RTN'ed on me and I did not bother to ask for replacements on those.. just the frags that were missing.

soaptray
07-23-2009, 08:24 PM
The order I just got is missing at least 3 frags... there were 3 bags that were completely emptied of water and the shipping box was soggy.

Some frags had nasty algae and all frags were on weird shaped rubble, shells that floated.... no discs or plugs.

I am not very satisfied - especially not with the communication skills.

He did send a few extra, but they are nothing like what I ordered - basic green and brown ones, and an extra pinky one.

Shop with caution.

hummer
07-23-2009, 08:57 PM
My order was completely missed and didn't get delivered with the group order. I'm waiting for a response from him on how we are going to fix this issue. If he is going to be shipping me my frags then you are more then welcome to add your missing orders to it. But let him know. So far from what I've seen he's pretty good at fixing errors.

The order I just got is missing at least 3 frags... there were 3 bags that were completely emptied of water and the shipping box was soggy.

Some frags had nasty algae and all frags were on weird shaped rubble, shells that floated.... no discs or plugs.

I am not very satisfied - especially not with the communication skills.

He did send a few extra, but they are nothing like what I ordered - basic green and brown ones, and an extra pinky one.

Shop with caution.

freezetyle
07-25-2009, 02:25 AM
i think i only got one or two frags that i actually ordered. probably just stick with the local people and businesses from now on.

kien
07-31-2009, 03:42 AM
i think i only got one or two frags that i actually ordered. probably just stick with the local people and businesses from now on.

Well, I ordered 10 frags from him this go round. Only half of them resemble what I asked for. 4 of them arrived dead, two of them half dead and now two more are starting to go. That's like $80 worth of frags down the drain :( Ya, I don't care how cheap they are, the success rate with his frags seem to be very low.

soaptray
07-31-2009, 03:51 AM
As stated above... I did a $250 order from him - 3 bags arrived with no water in them, I have a bleached chalice, and he didn't send at least 5 or 10 frags of what I ordered... he included a bunch of others that I didn't order.

I even ordered some full priced frags - not the $10 ones and didnt get either of them.

Luckily I have met a few nice locals that I am trading with from now on... no more of this crap.