PDA

View Full Version : question about ick

mytank90
07-02-2009, 03:09 AM
i was told that my triggers can get ick from live food?is that true?

marie
07-02-2009, 03:49 AM
Ich is a parasite like fleas or ticks, if the live food has ich then it will be introduced to the tank and all the fish in the tank are at risk

aussiecoral
07-07-2009, 12:32 AM
ich is always present in the tank. At first i didn't believe that theory but when my fishes have ich, i decided putting in the ich medication, the medication kill all the benificial bacteria and wipe out the entire tank. Using the medication for one week and 2 weeks leaving the tank alone let it cycle again. After cycle period is done, i introduce new fish in the tank and boom ich starts again, so i believe ich is always present in the tank.

findingnemo1
07-07-2009, 12:38 AM
ich is always present in the tank. At first i didn't believe that theory but when my fishes have ich, i decided putting in the ich medication, the medication kill all the benificial bacteria and wipe out the entire tank. Using the medication for one week and 2 weeks leaving the tank alone let it cycle again. After cycle period is done, i introduce new fish in the tank and boom ich starts again, so i believe ich is always present in the tank.

Your tank needs to be left fishless for 6-8 weeks thats why your ick keeps coming back.
It is not always present in tanks...;)

Piscez
07-07-2009, 12:54 AM
FWIW my hippo tang developed ich shortly after moving in, I chose to do nothing and within a couple of weeks it went away, it's come back again in less forms of severity every so often, but Dorey has always kept it's appetite.