PDA

View Full Version : just starting

boots
07-01-2009, 08:14 PM
hellow all

I have been looking at some of the awsome pics that every one has taken and would like to take a few of my own.
Would someone be able to shed some light on this for me?
like when is the best time (lighting wise),what moad shoud the camara be set to,what should the iso be at,ect........
the camara i have is an olympus sp-510uz

thanks boots

Myka
07-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Check out the thread I started in the Photography forums called "Grainy photos and troubles in macro". Everyone here helped me A LOT!! :)

boots
07-02-2009, 04:42 AM
thanks myka,

i have read you post and have got a lt of good info.i will have too mess around a bit.here is the last pic i took of my rose tip if any one has any more tips!

Myka
07-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Your white balance is all out of whack...that's why there is so much blue in the photo. There should be a white balance setting on your camera, you should be able to go into that setting then focus on the rock or something to set the white balance, then the colors will come out more true.

Related note: When looking at photos of corals that have amazing color and the background is blue you can tell they have the white balance off which makes the corals look more colorful than they actually are.

boots
07-03-2009, 11:42 PM
thanks myka i'll give that a try.

boots
07-05-2009, 03:06 AM
hi myka i would like to give a big thanks for the addvice.
this is what i have got so far.
I had only introduced this pistol shrimp and was just waiting for him and my goby to form a relationship and as it tipicly goes I came to the puter to down load the pics and when I went back to the tank he was gone.
well at least i have a pic if not to see hi[ATTACH]4601

Myka
07-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Hey that's a great photo!!! The white balance is much better. Do you a program to edit the photos after you take them?

boots
07-05-2009, 06:20 PM
I do yes but i have not used it yet that was just the raw pic:biggrin: