PDA

View Full Version : What is happening?

brickwood
07-01-2009, 06:19 AM
What is going on with all the system shut downs? It just seems that every time I turn around another system is shutting down. :cry: It's depressing. :cry: Why? It's sad to see all these people go.

lastlight
07-01-2009, 07:04 AM
I know the economic downturn put my build to a grinding halt. I'm taking baby steps forward and managed to survive a temporary reduction to 3 days of work a week and my wife's unpaid maternity. Now I hope to make some progress but I imagine many are having issues like me.

There are new deals to be had every day. I agree it is pretty saddening to see.

KennyKen
07-01-2009, 07:45 AM
Im back up in it.
im not scared of a depression.

Keri
07-01-2009, 08:15 AM
It doesn't help that now it's summer and tanks get neglected.... I know I'm guilty. My fish are still ok but my corals aren't looking so hot...

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Yes, it seems like there are a lot of people moving, going through negative relationship changes, lost job, and/or losing interest in the hobby right now.

At the same time, I'm helping at several newbies find equipment, tanks, and livestock for their new systems.

Its the reefing community's version of the "circle of life".

We had a baby just over a year ago & my tanks were neglected for 9 months to a year. Just moved back home from my mom's a month ago. So, yeah, I can see how changing priorities can cause some people to drop out of the hobby.

Anthony

lastlight
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Yeah I guess having a second kid didn't help my case. I'm working enough freelance on top of my normal job to keep me in a semi-coma. Hope is though that I can recoup some losses and get the build back on track.

christyf5
07-01-2009, 05:00 PM
Happens every summer. THis year it probly doesn't help with the economic situation. :neutral:

Leah
07-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Sad:puppydog:

StirCrazy
07-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Happens every summer. THis year it probly doesn't help with the economic situation. :neutral:

yup, people start a tank in fall, see how much comitment it takes and then come spring they decide they realy want to spend a lot of time away from the house on trips and stuff and don't have the time to look after the tank.

Steve

whatcaneyedo
07-01-2009, 11:30 PM
There are a lot of people getting out where I live. We're heavily forestry based so for us this recession started 3 years ago and looks as though it will continue for at least another year before there are any signs of turnaround. Hell I'm getting laid off again in an couple weeks...