PDA

View Full Version : Can Green mandarin goby and mystery wrasse live together?

aussiecoral
06-30-2009, 03:27 AM
i have a 75 gallons tank, in the tank i have a mystery wrasse and lineatus wrasse, my tank is full of flatworms and i have heard that putting a green mandarin goby would help to reduce the flatworms load but afraid my mystery wrasse and lineatus wrasse will pick on the mandarin. Anybody has success keeping these fish together? thanks in advance.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-30-2009, 04:24 AM
My wrasses never picked on my dragonets, probably because a Green Mandarin dragnet/goby is poisonous.

I now have a mated pair of Greens & a male Psychedelic living with a leopard wrasse, no problem.

Anthony

aussiecoral
06-30-2009, 04:28 AM
thank you so much for your advice, thank you

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-30-2009, 04:58 AM
Most fish, in my experience, pick on fish from the same family. My tangs only attacked other tangs when new ones were introduced. The dwarf angels did the same. My blue fairy wrasse has picked on/chased out of the tank at least 2 or 3 other wrasses. These same fish do not seem to react when a fish of a totally different family is introduced.

BTW, try to get a mandarin that is already eating mysis if at all possible, although if you are getting it for flatworm control, then there is another food source for it in your tank already. Most dragonets are difficult to convert over to non-live foods.

Good luck.

Anthony