PDA

View Full Version : lineatus wrasse help

aussiecoral
06-28-2009, 12:51 AM
i bought a lineatus wrasse, he was fine when i bought him, no sign of ich. I follow the step, I accimilate him almost an hour and put the wrasse in the tank without turning off the light, everything was fine. But the next day, i noticed there are thousand of ich on his body so i got worry, i quickly treat him with garlic. The day after ich was gone but i noticed the wrasse skin scales start to peal off but still eating. He was eating fine for couple day but i noticed the wrasse skin scale was worst and all of the sudden it layed down and gasping and die. I don't know what the cause, could anybody give me some advice, thanks in advance.

corpusse
06-28-2009, 02:02 AM
Doesn't sound like Ich. Fairy Wrasses in general are very disease resistant. My guess would be he came with some internal parasites which are more common and that is what did him in.

Sorry for your loss. My lineatus has been in my freezer for more then a year :(

aussiecoral
06-28-2009, 04:31 AM
thank you for your information and i'm sorry to hear that your wrasse died too. Once again, thank you

Delphinus
06-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Sorry, totally unrelated, but why would you keep a fish in the freezer? Just curious..

corpusse
06-28-2009, 09:11 PM
Sorry, totally unrelated, but why would you keep a fish in the freezer? Just curious..

I dunno I keep all my rare dead fish. I've never once looked at them but their there. I guess I couldn't bring myself to throw a $275 fish in the garbage.

Lineatus survived a tank crash when I found him he was not breathing I used an air pump to push water through his gills until he was breathing again. Moved him to frag tank where he recovered stress free for a month. Back in the display he made it out of a 1/2" gap that took an absolute perfect jump to get out. Maybe one day there will be a cure for 12hrs on the floor?

Delphinus
06-28-2009, 09:19 PM
I guess I sort of understand that, then. On the other hand though I think I would feel sick everytime I came across the carcass and was reminded of what once was.

The most I ever spent on a fish was $150 which for what he was (golden dwarf eel) was an incredible deal (usually they're quite a bit more), but he was a terribly unhappy fish in my care. Wouldn't eat, wouldn't eat, wouldn't eat, after 4 months he finally found his way out of the tank he was in and dried up somewhere (took me a while to find him, yech). I think if I kept him in the freezer I would just be reminded of how I felt that day.