07-15-2003, 06:39 PM
Hello

I'm new here and would like to introduce myself. Do you
Calgary hobbyists get together occaisionally for a pint
and talk fish?

FD

Aquattro
07-15-2003, 06:54 PM
This has been moved to the Calgary forum.

Delphinus
07-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Welcome to Canreef.

Yes ... we on occasion have been known to get together and talk fish.. :cool:

Quinn
07-15-2003, 07:05 PM
Welcome. I think a get-together is on the horizon... :razz:

rossb
07-15-2003, 07:16 PM
greetings fishdude!!...

I'm glad that someone else understands the importance of fish...and beer. Me I'm not so good at fish, but i'm really good at beer. I have actually been thinking of proposing a soiree, which is different from getting together and talking about fish and swapping aquarium bits.

It is more like getting together, talking about fish, swapping aquarium bits and having a few beers.

Buccaneer
07-15-2003, 08:50 PM
Beer ? :cool: ... where ? when ? ... I have been known to consume beer every now and then :lol: ... the last meet was at Kari's place I believe which I could not attend due to work :sad:

You could lend a hand tonite at Jonathons however as there is reportedly a 230G monster to hoist into it's final resting place and I am sure there will be beer there :biggrin:

Oh and Good Day to you too FD

Cheers

Perodogo
07-16-2003, 06:30 AM
:mrgreen: Hey Fishdude! This is FG! Good to see your post here. Guys, I'm also new here and I work with the Fishdude. I think it would be a great idea to meet some of you guys and exchange notes, ideas, or whatever.

Cheers

Dresden
07-16-2003, 06:50 AM
WELCOME :biggrin:

Canadian Man
07-16-2003, 07:24 AM
Welcome to the Calgary section of Canreef!

TANGOMAN
07-16-2003, 01:37 PM
Welcome to the jungle...you guys look familiar :confused: . Did some guy at Bankers Hall mention this place to ya' ?

Perodogo
07-16-2003, 11:15 PM
:lol: Yup! That's us. Thanks for the info.

fishnut
07-17-2003, 04:10 AM
I'd love to hear some details about your 500g FOWLR tank - dimensions, type of overflows and plumbing, UV or not, etc.

How do all those fish get along ? Did you add them in any particular order ?

It sounds like a great set-up. Any pics ?

Perodogo
07-17-2003, 05:42 AM
:razz: Hey there fishnut!

Aquarium Dimensions: 10 ft long x 32 " tall x 30" deep
Sump: 4 ft long (90 gallons) Wet/Dry Filtration
Other Filtration: Lifegard FB 900 fluidized filter; Ocean Clear Mechanical filter, 2 x Aqua Clear 500 (I'll be looking to add more mechanical filtration, but right now, the water is still crystal clear)
Protein Skimmer: Currently inadequate (TurboFlotor 1000) so I'm looking to upgrade this one;
UV Lights: I have 3 (8 W, 15 W, 25 W) but they're not hooked up right now;
Pumps: 2 x Mag 24
Lights: Adequate for FO system; 2 x Actinic (4 ft), 2 50/50 Coral Life 6500 k (4 ft)
Refractometer

Stocking Order:
Marine Betta
Auriga Butterfly
Juv Emperor
Scribbled Angel
Juv Passer and Gold Rimmed Tang
Gray Poma
Clown Trigger
Maculosus Angel
Juv Blue Face Angel and Juv Chevron Tang

I've created a temporary partition to ease my BF and Chevron into their new surroundings and at the same time allow the old residents to get used to them. I have not seen too much aggression except for the occasional chases when one gets on another's face. The juv Passer is the trouble maker but he only chases other fish when they wander in on his territory.

I do have pictures but I don't know yet how to post pictures here. If you like, you can email me at Rico.Espiritu@DevonCanada.com and I can send you some pics, or if someone can tell me how to attach pictures, I'll be happy to do it.

Regards,
Rico

AJ_77
07-17-2003, 06:05 AM
Oooohhh.... we gotta get you a gallery on the AB Reefers (http://members.shaw.ca/reefs) site...

Who's bought a great digi-cam lately?? :biggrin: [/url]

Delphinus
07-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Ohhhh hey I know who you are. You work with my brother Sig. He's told me of your tank. Welcome to Canreef!!

Bob I
07-17-2003, 04:31 PM
:razz: Hey there fishnut!

Aquarium Dimensions: 10 ft long x 32 " tall x 30" deep

Wow, that sounds like a tank even the "Tang Police" would approve of.

I do have pictures but I don't know yet how to post pictures here. If you like, you can email me at Rico.Espiritu@DevonCanada.com and I can send you some pics, or if someone can tell me how to attach pictures, I'll be happy to do it.

Posting a picture is not difficult. All you have to do is upload them to your service provider (they usually allow you to build a website). Then use the Img tags to point to the URL where the pics are located.

Regards,
Rico :biggrin: :biggrin:

Perodogo
07-18-2003, 05:51 AM
Rcipema - Thanks for the tip --- I guess I'll have to setup a website first. I'll post some pics as soon as I'm ready to go. Thanks again.

Delphinus --- hey, yeah, I work with your brother, Sig. He's also told me about your passion for saltwater fish and reef tanks. I would love to see pictures of your setup.

Everyone - thanks for the warm welcome. We (me and my fish buddy, Fishdude) are looking forward to meeting some of you guys in the near future.

Rico