PDA

View Full Version : LF aquacontroller jr temperature probe

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-21-2009, 05:16 PM
Anyone know where I can buy a replacement probe for this controller?

pterfloth
06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
Neptune has them available on their site.

JDigital
06-21-2009, 08:58 PM
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/np-pptmt/Neptune+Temperatue+Probe+for+Neptune+Systems+AquaC ontroller+PRO+%26+3+PRO.html

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-21-2009, 09:53 PM
http://www.jlaquatics.com/product/np-pptmt/Neptune+Temperatue+Probe+for+Neptune+Systems+AquaC ontroller+PRO+%26+3+PRO.html

I don't know if that one will work with the JR.? Do you know?

I also just prefer the regular one since its much cheaper.

JDigital
06-22-2009, 12:07 AM
oops! didn't notice that.. sorry... haha :lol:

GreenSpottedPuffer
06-22-2009, 12:27 AM
oops! didn't notice that.. sorry... haha :lol:

No worries. Thanks for helping.

I still don't know if that one would even work but I want the cheaper one anyways ;)

JDigital
06-22-2009, 01:02 AM
I think the only difference is one is a Standard Temp the other is Lab Grade... they do the same thing with the pH probe (and I'd assume the ORP ones too)

TrailFish
06-22-2009, 01:13 AM
I have the Aquacontroller Jr. as well. The port for the temp sensor on mine is a small version of a phone jack. Is this the same as a "phono jack" in the description of the "pro" version?

I've gone through two temp sensors over the years and I have found them to be unreliable (on my unit anyways) and I no longer trust them to control fans or heaters any more. I was getting very erratic readings one day 78 the next day 68 causing my heaters to overheat the tank. Could be the controller...as I can't imagine that the sensor would need to be replace very frequently (if at all). My back up electronic thermometer sensor has been working for years. I keep a floating thermometer in the sump just to double check every so often...once bitten.

Just my 2 cents.

LeeR
06-22-2009, 01:35 AM
my temp probe failed at about 10 mounths with myACJR i just got J&L to order me a new one it was like $40 with tax