PDA

View Full Version : $300 crab

revgeoff
06-20-2009, 11:56 PM
Ok, I caught the bugger who ate my Zebra bar gobbies, my Conchs (ALL THREE!), a handful of snails and I suspect my Scott's (considering there were fish remains by his ex den). I was being merciful (of course) and instead of flushing him back into the sea I turned the crab trap up and put a rock on it.
Yes, he escaped. Sigh.
It already took me over a month to catch him once, does anyone have any suggestions. He (lets just call him...flushey for what is going to happen to him if I ever get my hands on him again!) already likes to taunt me by taking the krill out of the crab trap at night. I'm expecting to wake up tomorrow morning with rude pictures, made out of fish bones, all over the sand.

hillegom
06-21-2009, 02:16 AM
lol
what kind of trap are you using, that he can escape. Maybe you need a better trap.
Are you using the diy cut and inverted bottle trap?

fkshiu
06-21-2009, 04:39 AM
Vengeance is a dish best served cold. After you trap him again, send him on a one way ticket to the nearest tank with a trigger.

Aquattro
06-21-2009, 04:53 AM
Vengeance is a dish best served cold. After you trap him again, send him on a one way ticket to the nearest tank with a trigger.

That can backfire. I did that years ago with a Niger. I guess the crab didn't like being eaten (go figure) and got a claw in the trigger's mouth. Trigger bit off the arm, but claw was pinched firmly in the trigger's cheek. I had to catch the trigger, wrap him in a wet towel and cut the crab claw out if his mouth. Not fun.

fishoholic
06-21-2009, 05:09 AM
That can backfire. I did that years ago with a Niger. I guess the crab didn't like being eaten (go figure) and got a claw in the trigger's mouth. Trigger bit off the arm, but claw was pinched firmly in the trigger's cheek. I had to catch the trigger, wrap him in a wet towel and cut the crab claw out if his mouth. Not fun.

:surprise: That would suck, poor trigger :sad:

revgeoff
06-22-2009, 01:47 AM
I'm not sure what kind of trap it is...but it is a store bought one (for all the good it has done).

I was thinking about picking up a large mantis and letting it get rid of the crab. Then maybe the mantis will be easier to catch. If I can't catch the mantis then maybe I'll have a 220gal mantis tank.

...of course I could then get an octopus! It could get rid of the mantis!

This sounds like a vicious combative and destructive circle! Why didn't I stick with a 40gal!!!!

JDigital
06-22-2009, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure what kind of trap it is...but it is a store bought one (for all the good it has done).

I was thinking about picking up a large mantis and letting it get rid of the crab. Then maybe the mantis will be easier to catch. If I can't catch the mantis then maybe I'll have a 220gal mantis tank.

This sounds like a vicious combative and destructive circle! Why didn't I stick with a 40gal!!!!

:lol::lol:.. Thanks for the laugh! What would you buy to get rid of the octopus?

fkshiu
06-22-2009, 02:15 AM
:lol::lol:.. Thanks for the laugh! What would you buy to get rid of the octopus?

Don't need anything. Just wait for the octopus to figure out a way to escape from the tank. ;)

Keri
06-22-2009, 03:42 AM

LOL
"There once was a woman who swallowed a fly..."