PDA

View Full Version : Help needed apply within(seahorses/hair algae)

Leah
06-19-2009, 05:57 PM
Just wondering, I have hair algae in my seahorse tank and wanting to know if I can add a rainford gobie and or lettuce nudibranch to help get rid of it. I have both coming tommorrow. Will the gobie bug the seahorses?:biggrin:
Thanks with any advice,
Leah

banditpowdercoat
06-19-2009, 06:55 PM
My Lawnmower blenny is pretty peacefull. I' wouldn't think he'd bother the horses

Drock169
06-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I've had a hectors goby with dwarf seahorse and they were fine. I dont think you will have a problem.

365seasons
06-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Leah,
we have a orange diamond goby in our tank with our seahorses and he does not bother them.
The only problem that we've seen with him is at feeding time. They have a trough,and if we only put mysis in the trough, he will come eat it all before they get to it.
We just make sure to give him some mysis in another area of the tank.

As long as he's fed, he stays very peaceful.

Good luck!

Pazil
06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
Here is a link for takemates and threat risks for seahorses

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates/tankmates.shtml

Leah
06-20-2009, 01:12 AM
That was great, thanks Pazil that answered my questions and then some:lol:

Pazil
06-20-2009, 01:26 AM
That was great, thanks Pazil that answered my questions and then some:lol:

No problem... that website is a great resource for seahorse keeping.

ReefJunkie
06-20-2009, 04:59 PM
The lettuce nudibrach will only eat bryopsis...not the usual hair algae.

Leah
06-20-2009, 06:40 PM
Of course it won't eat it!!!!!!!!!!!

ReefJunkie
06-21-2009, 02:28 AM
Just wondering, I have hair algae in my seahorse tank and wanting to know if I can add a rainford gobie and or lettuce nudibranch to help get rid of it.
Leah

Sorry for answering your question....:neutral:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-21-2009, 10:05 AM
Lawnmower blennies are bad with seahorses. They will keep sucking on the ponies. I didn't really believe this until it happened to me years ago in my hex seahorse tank. The LMB just kept on sucking on the poor ponies like they were popsicles.

fishytime
06-21-2009, 02:45 PM
Mexican turbos or a sea hare might be good options for the hair algae and wont compete for food.. Gobies dont eat algae, so a rainfords wouldnt work....and most blennies get aggressive.

Leah
06-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Reef junkie I hope you realize I was joking hope I didn't sound serious. Well the rainford
gobie did not arrive alive so I only have the lettuce nudibranch to help......so I guess I will see what happens. Think I will cut down on the vitamins as well.

Leah
06-21-2009, 03:37 PM
Opps forgot no I would not put in a lawnmower blennie. Tried on a long time ago and it did not make the trip up here either. Err wish I lived closer to Van to help with my fish
fettish but probably best I do not, hehe Id probably become a stalker of all places fishy!!!:biggrin: