PDA

View Full Version : To the Biocube owners

freezetyle
06-18-2009, 05:47 AM
I recently ordered a media basket, tunze skimmer cup, and a fish saver guard from InTank.
I am not really a big DIY'er, or really a fan of modding things i decided to give their products a try. I must say i was quite impressed.

After wasting money on a biocube protein skimmer i decided to go the tunze nano skimmer (thanks fish_gal). i like the results of it but didn't like the fact that i had to keep the back lid open causing increased water evaporation and the look. Their skimmer cup fits very nicely in the back of the tank. the workmanship was quite good (few rough edges from my point of view).

The media basket fit snug into place. quite compact and holds carbon, purigen, cemipure, what ever you want. i liked the fact that you can use filter floss instead of the expensive oceanic filters.

Finally the fish saver. i know some people have fixed some eggcrate and depending on the size of the fish they can still get back there the fish saver leave absolutly no room for this.

i think total cost for all the stuff was around $80 us, little expensive for some acrylic. but considering how few people are making things for the all in one tanks not bad. plus the workmanship is quite good. I would recommend their products for people like me who are looking to keep the plain look of their cube.

scherzo
06-18-2009, 07:09 AM
I was thinking of doing the same thing.

Thanks for the review.

How long did it take to get to you?

Chaloupa
06-18-2009, 08:09 AM
I also had one for my RSM....was impressed and using the Tunze skimmer was soooo much more quiet...but I didn't find I was getting as much skimmate as easily with the Tunze if you can believe. So I went back to the stock skimmer and no media rack. Sad...but true!

Jason McK
06-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Do you have a Link?

J

Chaloupa
06-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Do you have a Link?

J

http://www.mediabaskets.com/

His name is Stevie T on http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showuser=25617

freezetyle
06-19-2009, 12:02 AM
I also noticed a reduced amount of skimmate, but with the cleaned-up look and the noise reduction i think its worth it.

Shipping took about 6 business days and was packaged really well, it was marked as gift! (no duty fees!)