PDA

View Full Version : J&L Aquatics

Bugsy
06-18-2009, 04:15 AM
Hello all, I was just at J&L Aquatics today and if anyone wants some good selection on corals, inverts and fish they are very nicely stocked at the moment. They just got a shipment in this week and wow what stock they have indeed.

Well worth the trip if you live there for some nice stuff.

:biggrin:

Myka
06-18-2009, 05:24 PM
Long time no see!! Did you get anything? :) You still need to post up some new pics of your mini nano!!

Bugsy
06-19-2009, 03:03 AM
Yes I did, I bought 2 very tiny Yellow clown Gobies. I am not going back there anytime soon so thought since they were very tiny I would get 2 incase one does not make it. They are very dear in price here and I would not pay what they want for them here either.

I have to say though, the first time I went I was not impressed as there was not a whole lot of different things there than we have here. This time wow, it was amazing, they have some lovely stuff and sps my gosh you would go crazy over them, the whole tank is full of them.

It was really neat how they have the 2 tanks in particular setup, all the little gobies tiny ones together, then there was a tank with lots of blue linka stars and fish and just the colors of everything in the tanks was so nice.

I have to say I enjoyed myself this time as there was so many neat things to see.

Here are some pics of the tank but not with the clowns as i just bought them yesterday. I also don't have the pink yuma ric in the bottom back left corner i have green star polyps there. What do you think of the florida rics?? I just love these two the purple and the orange.

Myka
06-20-2009, 05:51 PM
Oh wow, your tank is looking REALLY good!!! Those rics are great, and I think the Clown Gobies are a good addition. :) Take some pics of them too!

Bugsy
06-22-2009, 12:52 AM
Thanks Myka, I will when they get just a bit bigger they are quite small and hard to take a picture of if they hide in the corals.

How do you like your new place??

Myka
06-22-2009, 04:15 AM
How big are they anyway? They must be really tiny.

I like the new place. It's nice to have a new tank to mess around with! But I sure would like to get it "done". :)

Bugsy
06-22-2009, 03:52 PM
They are just about 1" in size. Don't know if it was the best thing to get 2 of them as one chases the other around. They can be aggressive towards their own kind but for the price compared to here I bought the two incase one does not live, they can be funny guys. In the past I have tried the green ones and not had any luck but they were so thin when they came into the store that its impossible to bring these litte ones back after that.

Here is keeping fingers crossed...:mrgreen:

What size of tank and what are you all putting in this one??

:biggrin:

Myka
06-22-2009, 05:00 PM
That is pretty teeny! Ya, I have seen 5 of them in a 180 and they constantly shased eachother around. LOL

I transferred the stock from my 33g to a 90g. There's a whole journal for it if you click the link in my signature. :)