PDA

View Full Version : When should we have our summer meet?

sharuq1
06-14-2009, 05:00 PM
We are planning to have a potluck BBQ get together over the summer (as in July or August), but we'd like to make sure it is on a date that people can actually come. It may also end up being a fundraiser as we need to come up with some funds to pay for shipping for the donations of our nano give away.

I'm sort of toying with the idea of opening up the draw to non members in raffle format (besides the free entries for attending members) meeting in order to raise funds as well, but have not yet introduced this idea to the club. There is also the possibility of doing a garage sale for the same purpose. There is also the other possibility of doing a raffle or something of the like, but we don't have anything to raffle off at the moment. Let me know what you think!

Edit: anyone wishing to donate $ to help us pay for the supplies and shipping required for the nano tank draw Please click here to donate (http://www.digitalcharity.com/m.php?id=43396) We were not expecting shipping to be so expensive, so at the moment I guess I have to foot the bill. Help is greatly appreciated. If you do choose to donate it would be nice if you could please pm me your name so we can put it in a thank you for any future handouts we have (if you are comfortable with that).

fishoholic
06-14-2009, 05:51 PM
I'm guessing the meet is in Red Deer?

sharuq1
06-15-2009, 08:50 PM
In that general area or so, it may wind up being on an acreage out of RD.

Zoaelite
06-15-2009, 09:05 PM
In that general area or so, it may wind up being on an acreage out of RD.

I'm down for the drive, hopfully I can make the meeting.
Levi

sharuq1
06-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Bumping it up... Lots of viewers but not too many voters. Please use the poll and post folks :D

2manytanks
06-18-2009, 01:33 AM
Hi Kelly, sorry I didn't see you at the last meeting, I didn't even know about it until a week or so after. (was doing 7 days a week for about 2 months).

I'd like to hear more about all this and see where I can fit in to help out. Particularly the nano, where you're getting it, the shipping costs.

As far as a BBQ, the only day I can likely make one is on a Sunday - any Sunday.

I'll PM you my contact info.

Bill

Malibu
07-02-2009, 11:10 PM
I was just wondering if a date has been set yet?

sharuq1
07-03-2009, 02:14 AM
Unfortunately I haven't heard anything yet. Let's all call Jim at 403-597-1134 to encourage him to get a move on this thing.

Malibu
07-03-2009, 04:45 PM
LOL sounds good. I'm just excited to meet everyone!

BlueWorldAquatic
07-04-2009, 02:00 AM
You guys/gals are definately invited to the Frag Fest, Sunday Aug 30, all food is free. Only 90mins away.

Ken - BWA

sharuq1
07-04-2009, 02:07 AM
Thanks Ken, we'll see what happens. Anyone interested in going up for the Blueworld BBQ, pm me, maybe we can do a group trip. :) If I don't find out what's going on from Jim in the next week or two, anyone up for hosting the bbq?