PDA

View Full Version : Gauging Intrest

Skimmin
06-14-2009, 07:23 AM
In the next 6 weeks I will be shutting down two tanks to make room for my new 210 gal. The tanks are a 4ftx16x24high 80gal(right rear overflow) and a 28gal clown fish/anemone tank 2ftx18x16high(rear external 'Herbie' style overflow). The 80gal has a homemade stand and canopy that are far from fancy but could be made nice with some TLC. The 28gal is on a very nice mahogany veneered stand which is built to fit a 20 gal sump. Once my 210 is ready for water I was thinking I would sell the 80w/stand and canopy for $200obo and the 28gal w/stand for $250obo. I may sell the clowns(mated pair 1 true percula(male) and ocelaris(female) laying eggs) with the anemone(which is a MONSTER sebae approx 20") if someone is interested in a clown fish set up. Sorry no pics yet but If I can figure out how to DL off my girlfriends camera I will.

Eb0la11
06-14-2009, 07:29 AM
Can you PM me the range you'd be looking at for the clown and anemone? 6 weeks might be pretty quick for me though because Im setting up my tank in the next 2 weeks probably so I am not sure the timing is right here but wanted to know the ball park.

Skimmin
06-14-2009, 07:40 AM
I think $150obo for the clowns and anemone but I have to say that this is not a good idea for a 'fresh' setup. In my experience I would say well established system is much more suitable, if not critical for this symbiotic relationship to flourish. In order to sell this would have to know these guys are going to an established home.

Eb0la11
06-14-2009, 05:58 PM
Yeah I agree, and I wouldnt make the purchase as a responsible aquarist unless I felt they would flourish. I was more asking how much something like that would run me haha. Thanks. If my tank somehow is going really well, maybe from having a ton of cured live rock off the bat, then I'll reassess, but its unlikely.