PDA

View Full Version : LF: a fish and some corals......

Aleks
06-11-2009, 09:46 PM
Keeping an eye out for the following!!

-Mandarin Goby
-various leathers/trees
-various LPS (forgspawn, candy, etc)
-coloured ricordia
-zoa frags/giant polyps

Need lots of color to compete with the coralline on the rocks, and nothing that requires extraordinary supp feeds........Happy with frags and low priced colonies.....Spanks!

karazy
06-11-2009, 09:58 PM
aleks, if you are planning on putting the mandarin in your 15 gallon i highly suggest you get one that is eating frozen foods.
most mandarins only eat cope pods and other small organisms found on live rock, and can wipe out the pod population in a smaller tank (like yours)
. usualy you have to ween them onto frozen food.

paddyob
06-13-2009, 01:38 AM
if you insist on a mandarin, go spotted. green or blue rarely take frozen. i had a spotted live in my 20 For two and a half years, until my tank crashed, killing everything. i had it trained on frozen and needed to use a pipette To feed it so it actually got the food. became a very big chore, but was alive and fat. i suggest finding one already on frozen to prevent a useless killing of an amazing fish. i only bought it to eliminate flat worms, which it did superbly. good luck. but not suggested

Aleks
06-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the above advice, but spotted are too bland.....Hence me looking for one here that someone may have feeding on frozen.

slough shark
06-16-2009, 03:46 AM
have a kenya tree, maybe about 4" tall. 20 bucks
Ill also throw in a handful of cheato for your sump.
let me know
derek

Aleks
06-16-2009, 05:03 AM
have a kenya tree, maybe about 4" tall. 20 bucks
Ill also throw in a handful of cheato for your sump.
let me know
derek

Have and Have....thank you though!

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-16-2009, 05:40 AM
I have a red & green Mandarin goby in both my 210g reef & my seahorse tank. Both eat frozen mysis no problem, although the one in with the ponies has an easier time getting something to eat before the other fish scarf down everything.

Sorry, not for sale. Just posting to let you know that the more colourful Mandarins are also trainable.

Anthony

Aleks
06-23-2009, 03:20 AM
Bump it up.... Thanks to those who have replied so far!

ElGuappo
06-23-2009, 06:17 AM
i have some palys you can have make me an offer.

http://i442.photobucket.com/albums/qq145/ElGuappo78/P5220731.jpg