PDA

View Full Version : Bubble tip anenome

FishGeek
04-01-2002, 05:03 PM
Can some one help me. I got a bubble tip a month ago and it was doing very well. A tomato clown adopted it and was eating very well. But about 2 weeks ago it stopped opening up fully. And when it would open , the tips would stay very thin and flaccid. It does not eat and the tips seem to be getting kind of light. The tank is a 130 gal with about 200gal total water. Also I have a 400w metal halide and 4 no flourecence. All my other corals are doing fine. My theory is that my 2 condi's have something to do with it. Toxic slime or something. Any advice or suggestions?

Simon

FishGeek
04-02-2002, 02:30 PM
Guess nobody knows anything about bubble tips!

Aquattro
04-02-2002, 03:02 PM
Where is this anenome in relation to the light? How does this compare to where it came from? Have you fed it? Do you have water parameters? What is the current compared to it's previous home? All these could have an impact. The clown could also be aggravating it.

canadawest
04-02-2002, 05:26 PM
Advice: leave it alone.

I have had a BTA after one of my splits, that looked limp and wilted. But 3 months later it's still with me and looks better now.

Questions: Does the clown still swim in it? Has it moved at all?

Even though mine looked like it was on it's deathbed several times, my clownfish still hid in it occasionally (went back and forth between it and the other one) and it never moved.

If it doesn't move it's likely just going through a "phase" much like some corals do where they just don't open up for couple days. It could also be preparing to split? Just keep attempting to feed it every week or so. Unless it goes white (expells all its photosynthetic algae) it is probably fine.

Also be sure to check your water parameters, as a high nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, or low pH, or Alk reading could be causing it?