PDA

View Full Version : It is official: I have a DUMB fish!

edikpok
06-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Among the other fish in my 29g cube, I have a firefish goby - and he is DUMB! I've had him for about 2 weeks now and I got him from someone else. He hides for most of the day and comes out only AFTER I feed my tank and thus he misses the whole meal. So what I do now is throw a tiny bit of food i the tank, wait 5 minutes, and then give the rest so he gets some food. But it does not look like he is in a rush to eat so sometimes I have to feed him using a pipette. After I feed them he is ALWAYS out swimming until the lights go off. Go figure...

PS. He also gets scared very easily but nobody picks on him! He once got scared of my hand and jumped into the back compartment of my cube :-)

loveless
06-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I have a yellow tang like that. Guess what? After almost a year of it being in the tank it is currently stuck to one of my voertech's... Did I mention that it is ded. Dont know if it starved or what, but when it was feeding time it was so freaked out by the whole thing all the other fish would eat all the food and the tang gets left out. Sad really...Looks like toilet time.:cry:

Leah
06-10-2009, 05:47 PM
My firefish did the same thing, what other fish are in there? they are very cautious, but mine finally came around.

edikpok
06-10-2009, 06:01 PM
The other fish are: Royal Gramma, clownfish, 6 line wrasse and a small chromis. But non of them care about the firefish....

Sorry to hear about you tang, loveless. I guess that some fish are just not made to be in an aquarium :-(

Leah
06-10-2009, 06:03 PM
They may not care about him, but he may care about them!!!

paddyob
06-10-2009, 06:11 PM
They may not care about him, but he may care about them!!!

Agreed. feeding time can be a frenzy. the energy probably spooks Him. survival of fittest, not smartest.