PDA

View Full Version : LF Live Rock and Live Sand (Calgary) Even Small portions to help new Aquarist

Eb0la11
06-09-2009, 07:15 AM
Hey guys,

Im looking for live rock/sand around town. I wouldnt mind buying from a few sources to get some cool biodiversity. Would be willing to pay around $8/lb I think for decent stuff but wouldnt mind a little help if any of you would like to help out a budding aquarist if you have any that you wouldnt mind shedding for cheaper. I have a 150 gallon Im starting as my first SW tank but at $8-10 a lb at the stores I cant afford 150 lbs of the stuff to lightly fill the tank.

Id also buy base rock at a cheaper price as well. Maybe $4 or something? I dunno. PM me if you have any.

fragNplug
06-09-2009, 07:46 AM
i got some live sand, half a salt pail full extra.
make me an offer

Eb0la11
06-09-2009, 04:49 PM
How many lbs would you say that amount would be? So its sitting in salt water still in the pale to preserve the life?

fragNplug
06-09-2009, 10:39 PM
i changed the sand on my new setup from a 30 breeder tank to a cube tank.
Its been 2 days, in same salt but with power head, unsure if i was going to keep it or not.
You came along at the right time.
wouldn't think more then 20 pnds but im only guessing.

whiteangelbw
06-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I have 2-3 pieces around 8 months old, they are to large for my tank. Can let you know the weight later. I live out of town, can bring them in this wknd if you are interested.

Eb0la11
06-11-2009, 12:24 AM
i changed the sand on my new setup from a 30 breeder tank to a cube tank.
Its been 2 days, in same salt but with power head, unsure if i was going to keep it or not.
You came along at the right time.
wouldn't think more then 20 pnds but im only guessing.

Where abouts do you live? I think me and my room mate are going to be driving around tonight to collect some base rock from one fellow and then we are hoping to also swing by to look at a light at another place, we could make your place part of that trip too? PM me with phone number and address and I can give you a call.

Eb0la11
06-11-2009, 12:26 AM
I have 2-3 pieces around 8 months old, they are to large for my tank. Can let you know the weight later. I live out of town, can bring them in this wknd if you are interested.

I would definitely like some larger pieces as we are setting up a 150. Is this base rock or live rock? I'd be interested likely either way. I just hope I can keep any live rock and live sand I accumulate the next week or so alive while I set up my tank. lol

What end of the city would you be coming in? I live in the SW.

whiteangelbw
06-11-2009, 02:52 AM
pm'd

Eb0la11
06-11-2009, 06:27 AM
Thanks guys,

so as it stands right now I might need about 1 week until I can accept live rock since Im in a bit of a jam for space in my basement. All my furniture is down there while the upper two floors get renovated so I dont have room to have anything really in water as the tank still isnt setup, but rather waiting empty:redface:.

Meanwhile base rock can be accepted as I can really store it just about anywhere, including a shed outside if need be.

JDigital
08-05-2009, 05:58 PM
PM'd.

i have crabs
08-06-2009, 12:02 AM
i have a bunch of baserock thats now live rock i guess,its caribsea reef rock, $2.50/lb or $80 for what i have left, im not shure of how many lbs but im shure its quite a bit