PDA

View Full Version : Help with redsea 100mg/hr ozonizer

wil0311
06-09-2009, 12:12 AM
I have a redsea 100 mg/hr ozonizer, it's the deluxe unit with the orp probe and controller. The problem is I used to be able to smell the ozone coming out and now I can't smell it at all even when I set it to 100 mg/hr and the orp set point to max. Do you think it's fubar or has anyone else had this problem and fixed it. How important is the air dryer for this thing?

Thanks in advance.
Jason

Denis
06-09-2009, 12:38 AM
I have the 200plus and can't smell it either. I used to use Sanders, but it completely deteriorated in last 15 years, that one I could smell for sure.
So now I just go by ORP and that goes up every time I turn it on.
Works for me.
BTW I don't bother with the air dryer.

wil0311
06-09-2009, 01:01 AM
You can't smell it either. Well maybe it is working then. I just thought you could smell ozone. Perhaps it only smells when it is actually breaking down organics because I can kind of smell it when I move rocks or stir things up.

Thanks for posting Denis.
I don't know. Anyone else?

Skimmin
06-09-2009, 01:01 AM
Agreed. I also have the 100mg unit and don't smell it except for the odd time. Although it doesn't turn on very often

wil0311
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
Here is a little info from an email from Red Sea I didn't know and someone else might find usefull.

Good morning Jason.
Where do you keep the unit? Some times the inport and outports get dirt and dust in them, so to clean them from that you have to hook up a hose to both ports one to input RO water and one to drain the water out of the outlet port. This will flush the dirt and dust out and be able to work again. After you flush it out then put it on a air pump and dry 24 to 48 hours please unplug while flushing out the ports.This should be done every 6 months.let me know if you need any more info. If this doesn't help then I will need the receipt to replace it under the warranty. All units need the flush out after 6 months and if thats kept up the unit will run longer. Thank you and have a good day.

Pinky